ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: 1st Try at Aspen Trees

1st Try at Aspen Trees

My first attempt at painting Aspen Trees.
    I'm fairly content with the trees (for my 1st attempt anyway), but I'm struggling with
    scenes like this with a high skyline, leaving lots of ground to fill in.
    Any suggestions, should I put in more trees, try and paint grass (somthing that I'm not having much luck with yet)?

Thanks.

mike
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Don't struggle, barnburner, work with what you have.
    If you like painting trees then trees it is!
    Don't muck about. Success brings success.
    Just paint what you like........ If you are serious about painting and drawing then hang out here!
    You'll know when you get there!

Sounds like good advice.
    Thanks for the encouragement.

Nice hills and all that. Were you to treat the objects like the trees and the fence with similar freedom, you would really have something.

I can pretty much tell where you went mental, and when you were painting freely. There's a sharp difference in approach and therefore quality.

Cool though. Getting a chance to identify your process, you can perhaps amplify what serves and what doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey
    Nice hills and all that. Were you to treat the objects like the trees and the fence with similar freedom, you would really have something.

I can pretty much tell where you went mental, and when you were painting freely. There's a sharp difference in approach and therefore quality.

Cool though. Getting a chance to identify your process, you can perhaps amplify what serves and what doesn't.

You nailed it exactly.
    I tense up when it gets into painting details, and it shows. ( My perfectionism is showing) lol.. Somehow I've got to learn to loosen up on those things.
    Thanks!