ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: simple line tool

simple line tool

Dear Andy....I would like....A very simple,put my pencil on the paper,draw a straight line,switch,button key or whatever,so I can just draw a straight line without having to go to stencils get out a ruler, position it and draw a line, (because I am lazy, and want to do it quick)
    the rulers are great if you want to draw an accurate plan to scale, as I recently did for my kitchen layout, excellent result,by the way, and it printed off perfectly too....but I would like just a simple point to point line maker.pencil on starting point, stretch out line to finishing point,click,done
    I do believe you were even considering this option at one point in the developement of the ruler,but settled for the ruler option as the more precise and measurable tool,but would it still be possible to have a simple line maker???, I am sure it would be a great convenience tool,and more user friendly for the quick line maker......hopefully..... Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

I second this request. Simple line modifier hotkey is needed, repositioning rulers for tens of lines is awkward.

I agree. Drawing lines with the pen simply isn't good enough. And with the ruler it's hard to see/position the line. Besides everything else about the stencil system is great, so it's no loss. DoodLS

4. I agree. Rulers are fine, but its too much hasle to use it. Simple click-click Painter or shift-click Photoshop style would be helpfull. Especially for more prcise drawings.

Regards,

K.Polak

Agreed, rulers and stencils are sometimes cumbersome. Example is drawing a skyscraper with lot of vertical lines; would have to move ruler, adjust, draw line, move ruler etc.

I would very much like option to place starting point and end point and have line appear as if drawn with pencil/pen/brush/whatever setting I have picked. I think other programs do this but cannot remember the shortcut; is it holding control key to limit line to only vertical or horizontal? That in ArtRage would be perfect.

It's "shift" in Photoshop and probably in others too.

Would like a line tool also

I would like to add my vote to this request, and in additon, a way to paint or draw a straight line using chalk, crayon, or any of the other painting tools. The stencils and rulers are lovely, but not at all practical for straight lines, at least they don't seem so to me. Perhaps a way to "snap" the pencil or other painting/drawing tool to the ruler would be an alternative?

Thank you for you consideration.
    Elaina/aka
    Nightshadow
    http://www.nightshadowfx.com

Perhaps a way to "snap" the pencil or other painting/drawing tool to the ruler would be an alternative?
    Problem is more related to the whole concept of rulers and stencils. Namely that they are very slow to set up and work with. When laying down perspective guides it's very messy to reposition or recreate a ruler tens of times. It's everything Artrage is not otherwise: slow, cumbersome and hard to use.

While whole "realistic paint tools" -concept is nice and works well for actual tools, there are things that are just loads easier when done unnaturally. Another example is that creating a stencil to protect layer transparency the color of that stencil will prevent coloring that layer accurately - actual "preserve transparency" would work much better as one could see what one does. Or different look for stencils.

Seconding (or seventhing or whatever) this suggestion...

Quote Originally Posted by krpolak
    I agree. Rulers are fine, but its too much hasle to use it. Simple click-click Painter or shift-click Photoshop style would be helpfull. Especially for more prcise drawings.

Regards,

K.Polak
    I'm also echoing me vote hear.
    Thanks
    Cosmicfxx