Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Underpainting

Gallery
    View images

Underpainting

Well, I asked the question elsewere but received no reply so I Googled it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underpainting

http://www.artandperception.com/2006...rpainting.html

Gallery
    View images
    good links... clear and easy explanation of the subject I thought.
    Thanks for the links Robert.

Gallery
    View images
    Don't know how or if it can be applied to ArtRage ... possibly by using the layer options.

Gallery
    View images
    Like so many questions, it all depends on who you ask, I guess.

:lol:

Google's good in a quiet moment. . .

Wikipedia seems to have something on just about everything.

Gallery
    View images
    Quiet moments are something I seem to have in abundance lately. Going through one of those enevitable periods of not even wanting to be creative. Oh well, this too shall pass ... as someone once said.

Gallery
    View images
    Listen, you've just hit a high and mighty plateau after some pretty intense climbing.

Enjoy it. It's the only thing that keeps me going, unless I need the money, which I do. Hahah. But nothing says you can't have it both ways. Rediscover the fun. That's all there is to it.

Gallery
    View images
    I know it's just a trough after a crest. I'll be back with a vengance. It's part of me now. Virtually all of my dreams are pervaded by some kind of reference to painting. But the brain needs cleansing from time to time from intense mental activities and when dreams are not enough to accomplish that, you just have to take a break or risk a bigger break.

Gallery
    View images
    thanks for sharing what you found robert ..amazing the info you can get access too online these days

Selby

ps...tis not a plateau...obviously its base camp and your stopping to adjust to the headdy climate before proceeding further up the mountain
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

Gallery
    View images
    Robert, i hear you

i went through a tough time after my divorce, i was shutting down and i felt i had nothing to say to my world around me. ( i felt that i lost the most important thing in my life, my 1 1/2 year old daughter ) my ex ran off to toronto with some guy she just meet.

with that said i drop photography, drawing, painting all together ( turned to hiding in a video game, and when that didn't help at times, it was just too quite in my world that i set up )

but creating art was always there for me ( remember drawing at age 6 ), But i needed something totally different, i started working with papermeche and clay and wire mesh. it took me a year to make my first project i had no idea how to do it. but i pushed forward and after 7 years created 12 pieces.

but, at the time was not looking for change, i want to hold on to my negitive feelings, but my hands and subconscious, would not let me stop.

My ex came back to windsor after a year and i got to see my daughter a little more. My ex never lets me forget that she's incontrol of that. My daughter is 11 and happy and in seeing that she's happy, i got better. But the will to push on is all my own.

Change happened slowly and after sometime i was look for change and drop the old thoughts.

i started photographing more ( my job is not in the arts ) but that is something that someday i will change.

i'm not going to stop my forward progess now, if any positive i got from my past, is that now i have a clearer goal in mind. I know what i want to be, in life ( 39 years old a little late he he ) but i have the rest to make it happen. I want to create the image, i want to be an ARTIST

keep going forward

Steve

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Robert

Sorry for not being able to answer your question more quickly. I saw you allready found an answer to the question (asked here http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...pic.php?t=8510).

One link I would like to add is this:
    http://painting.about.com/od/artglos...underpaint.htm

As to how I have experimentet with the underpaint in ArtRage I will answer in an Underpaint experiment result tutorial here:
    http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...pic.php?t=8689

Happy DoodLS