Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Raging' against the machine - Nick's Sketchbook - October 21st 2008

Strange Behaviour - WARNING - some nudity

Thanks for all the really nice and encouraging comments chaps (and that's meant to include female chaps as well).
    The Robbie sketch is part of a bigger piece in progress, as I said. I'm afraid because of its scale I'm having to do it in Painter (my main software at the moment for most of my work - hoping to change that and have more Ambient variety as well). Here it is as is - to stress again though - it is a PAINTER piece with sketches imported from ArtRage.

There is some nudity in it - if this is inappropriate, pleas do tell me and I'll move it to that 'after nine thread that I'm sure I spotted, with fullest apologies for any offence.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jessie_01_277.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	9831   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	strange_behaviour_doodle1e_147.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	9832  
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

Love the errant daughter... just amazing drawing.
    And the whole piece looks to be just amazing.
    I can't believe you said the "P" word in here.
    Hopefully you will make a total conversion.

So very sorry Gzairborne. Sometimes my language does lapse into other softwares. To get it off my chest in one go, I'm going to say the words Sketchbook Pro 2 now.

Before the intro of the mechanical pencil option in ArtRage, I reckoned that that other mentioned software (I won't use the name again - I promise) had the best sketching feel for me. I used to use a fine lead pencil to draw with all the time in the real world. Now I'm really torn. The improvements by Ambient have been so good that I'm really leaning this way now, because of the nicer paints and one other crucial thing. Arbitrary canvas rotate. It's a must for the real drawing feel. That other software doesn't have it !!!!??????

Here's another challenge piece I'm doodling around with - trying to see if I can take it to completion in ArtRage alone this time. Steam Punk. Not very far progressed and not sure where I'm going yet. Is that vague enough?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Nick Harris Artwork

Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5

i love the dysfuntionality family and the steam dinosaur.wobderful concepts
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Oh nice. I do like the steampunk and the dysfunctionals above. Awesome.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

wow... steam punk is amazing drawing.

wow nice stuff Nick

it's great to see the roughed up drawing, i get more out of seeing the steps that lead up to the finish work, then just seeing the beautiful work in complete form.

i hear you Nick when you talk about keeping up, i went to school for photography ( back in 94 ) i did b/w and colour printing from my own film.

i got my first digital camera in 99, the world of pixels and mega pixels didn't gel right off, but my knowledge of the finish image helped out, even if the tools ( digital camera ) have changed.

Now i want to learn 3d software ( more than just making a sphere ) for the last 3 years of trying to brake into the 3d world, and it has been a up hill battle,but i feel it will be worth it in the end.

i too just starting to realize that you can never stop learning.

i hope you help others someday visualize the image through desigh and composition ( even though people run and hide from those terms)

keep up the great work

Steve

i put some of my work on deviantart.com

http://stinkyu111.deviantart.com

strange behaviour is a lovely progression to see...nice to get to see the relational lines underpinning it all too and the steam punk is great fun.

Selby
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

Autumn Wind-sketch

Here's a sketch for another Imaginefx challenge, finishing tomorrow. Trying to see if I can do all of this in ArtRage.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Nick Harris Artwork

Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5

Hi, I love the stuff you have shown here! I think your work reminds me a bit of Arthur Rackham... wonderful stuff!