ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Raging' against the machine - Nick's Sketchbook - October 21st 2008

'Raging' against the machine - Nick's Sketchbook - October 21st 2008

Hi guys,
    Just getting to grips with the paintbox that is ArtRage. I've been at it a while with Painter and Photoshop, so the experience of this software is refreshingly uncluttered compared to those two monsters. I do like the feel of the new technical pencil and the improvements made in layer control. Excellent stuff.

Here's my first painting done more or less competely in ArRage 2.5. A speedpaint for a weekly challenge over at the Imaginefx website. The theme was 'Colossus'. I put it in here, because it isn't really what I would call a finished piece.
    In case you're interested - no, I don't use reference.
    Not all my stuff is this creepy - honest.

Cheers,
    Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Nickillus; 10-22-2008 at 01:24 AM. Reason: update of thread date
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

I *like* creepy. Creepy is good...
    Awesome stuff, Nickillus.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Thanks Andy. Appreciated.
    I'll try and keep the 'creepy' under check a bit though. Don't want to frighten anybody off. Not yet anyhow.
    Nick Harris Artwork

Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5

GULP!!! Awesome.

I can't say I like the subject, but the artwork is FABULOUS! I really like the light and the canoe.
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:
    Aunt Betsy's Celebration Art

nice work, great mood

Steve

Fantastic! wow... great drawing and painting skills. Really great story too.
    Just amazing! That looks like a finished piece. I can't imagine it getting any better than that... but I have been surprised before...

Wow. I'm glad I clicked here. Nice work Nick. This is a good looking concept piece. Please post more like this. I'm not afraid of creepy. Creepy is good. :twisted:
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

I like Creepy, also like Eerie and Vampirella too, haha. . . if anybody can remember that far back.

Fantastic image. I really love the clarity of the drawing. The subject is comic book all the way for me, so the level of creepsidy is generally pretty light in this one. More like adventure where things are going to be supernaturally bizarre. Not too unlike Indiana Jones meets Night of the Living Dead.

Fun.

Anyway, I look forward to more drawings. Glad you paddled your canoe onto this site.

Gosh, you guys are kind. Thanks for all the feedback.

Talking of comic books, I have to say that although I'm not a reader, or follower of any of the many magazines on offer, I do greatly admire the skill and in particular the fluency with which the artists behind them produce their imagery. Phenomenal skill and flair in a lot of cases. Not so keen on the levels of violence or psychological distortion that permeates a large swathe of the newer ones though.

OK - The words 'old' and 'woossy' do apply to me. (Is woossy too much of a UK term to have meaning beyond our shores?)
    Nick Harris Artwork

Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5