ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you imagine ...

Can you imagine ...

I was just thinking about how different my life has become since discovering ArtRage ... and these forums especially. For many of us, I think ArtRage might have been a passing interest if not for the forums and the encouragement, support, feedback, and guidance we get here. We have, so many of us and so often, given thanks to the ArtRage team for the program and it is praise that is well deserved. Still, I know that for me, these forums are really the most important part of the package and I want to thank the team for having the foresight and consideration to make this part of the ArtRage experience.

Thanks Robert. ArtRage is definitely more than just another application, for us here at Ambient Design.
    The forums are part of the community we want to build around ArtRage.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Robert,

I totally agree... the forum has been the most inspiring part of the package.
    The encouragement and critiques keep you motivated. For some reason it is about the most hospitable forum anywhere on the web. People are polite and kind and complementary and encouraging and it seems to be a trickle down effect from the originators of the forum that carries on.
    If everyone was as respectful of others as they are here... there would be no more wars. It really shows the importance of art to society in a way. And it also shows what can be accomplished in terms of community on the web. It also shows how the accessibility of the software to so many people and not greed being the motivating premise of the software. So it is a reflection of the hearts and minds of the orignators in making their great product available to so many people of all ages. I too am thankful for not only the software, but the AR team and the community they have maintained. I am just shocked at how much dedication and hard work they do for us and then turn around and welcome people to their community, and stay actively involved in what is created with their software. And actually listen to a diversity of users. It is a rare and precious commodity nowadays and a beacon for other developers to follow. Thanks Art Rage folks. Darn, I am fogging up the monitor.
    Thanks for your post Robert... I think we all feel that way... but glad you said it, because it needed to be said. Thanks Ambient, for your care for us.

Quote Originally Posted by gzairborne
    I think we all feel that way... but glad you said it, because it needed to be said. Thanks Ambient, for your care for us.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

'Tis a wonderful experience.

Part of my vision when becoming an artist was to be among a group of artists, where art could be done, looked at, thoughts shared and where there was a bond of everyone evolving as one can through aesthetic and social focus -- evolution on all levels.

I always thought the Impressionists had that and maybe because I was looking exactly for Impressionists and Abstractionist coffee houses that I was never able to find it. I was looking for something imitative, movements that came and went and had become romanticized.

Having long ago given up on finding such a group energy, I stumbled on this cool inexpensive art program. And I noticed as an aside that artists were casually gathering, from all over the planet.

And I started hanging out because it was good energy, and good folks.

This is as near as idyllic as I've found in the world -- the internet and here at the ArtRage site.

The bridge is not based on a measuring stick aesthetic criteria. Not about bonding together against some Salon with their closed set of requirements. It's not about elbowing someone else out for a sale, or job. It's more pure. It appears to be about the joy of association that artists can experience, where art and doing it is like an 'open source' consciousness. For me, it's been a vehicle for personal evolution.

And definitely, ArtRage has set the tone for that by making the software accessible and affordable. The dialog and responsiveness on the part of the Ambient guys and cat has been there from the beginning. So these conversations in the forums echo that.

Besides, the software is great, because that's what brought us together and allowed this marvelous art experience to happen.

I agree with what was said about this being something to marvel at for getting it right. There is also something fundamentally right and appropriate about it coming out of New Zealand -- for the longest time nationally a very peaceful place (except of course for their despotic province of Mordor).

Thanks all.

Hello,

I totally agree with all of you - itīs really a beautiful experience. I might even say itīs a sort of "locus amoenus". (If youīve never heard that latin expression: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locus_amoenus )

Thatīs the reason why I have a look into this forum every single day - no matter how less time I have...

Marco

Hello all,
    I'm a newbie to this site and this is my first post. Delighted to find what seems like another really friendly and helpful forum. I've been bouncing around the Imaginefx forums since last October and they are just as you describe the atmosphere here.
    Seeing as how I'm being drawn more into using the splendid and improving ArtRage software, it makes sense for me to poke my not inconsiderably sized nose into these forums as well. Hope that's OK.

I look forward to learning and contributing what I can through friendly interaction with you chaps and chapesses.

My name's Nick, by the way and I'm glad to meet you.

Cheers
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

Aha! Welcome, Nickillus. And I'm very glad to see you're finally able to post!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Hi Andy,
    I do thank you for all your help through my initial frustrations at being rebuffed for some technical reason(boo-hoo). Really glad to have broken in with your key (hoorah).
    Cheers,
    Nick
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

Thanks everyone! I think when we started out with the community we weren't quite anticipating how many people would turn up and show an interest so quickly. I really like the friendly atmosphere here and that really comes right back to the users. People are fantastically constructive and supportive and that goes such a long way. You all rock!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design