Thread: problems with moving the canvas when zoomed in

Gallery
    View images

problems with moving the canvas when zoomed in

Hi,

I am having problems moving my canvas around when I'm zoomed in at 200%. When I try to move it anywhere, it just stops like it's at the end of canvas.

This problem is happening while I'm am tracing a sketch using the tracing function on a 5000x5000 canvas. I am using a Wacom Intuos 2 on a Windows XP machine. I am using Art Rage Starter Edition 2.5

If anyone else has a problem similar to this, sorry for the repeat. I could not find any other similar posts. If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it greatly.

Gallery
    View images
    Can you tell me the steps you are using to try and move the canvas?
    When you say it stops, does it move at all? Does it make any difference if you are at the edge or the middle of the canvas when you try to move it?

Also, does this happen if you start up ArtRage, create a canvas of this size, lay down a couple of strokes of paint, zoom in to 200% then try to move the canvas around? Finally, are you able to move the canvas fine with the mouse, but not with the tablet or does that also fail in the same way? Just trying to understand the details of what you're seeing there. Looking forward to helping you out!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Before I being I want to mention that I don't seem to have the problem anymore. I'll still answer your questions since it was a serious problem last week.

Here are the steps I took that got me to this problem:
    • 1. I open up a new document at 5000x5000 at 300 dpi. I also put in a tracing image.
      2. I zoom in to the canvas at 200% and ink it with the paintbrush tool (100 pressure, 100 loading, autoclean on, 1% width.
      3. After inking for about 15 minutes, it seemed like it wouldn't let me move the canvas to ink the next part of the image. I could move back to the parts that I inked in but if I wanted to move to the parts that I haven't inked in it wouldn't let me. Like I reached the end of the canvas.

It only happened when I was drawing that close. It didn't matter where I was on the canvas. I was in the middle of it when it started to happen.

Also, does this happen if you start up ArtRage, create a canvas of this size, lay down a couple of strokes of paint, zoom in to 200% then try to move the canvas around?
    I did not try that in that certain order.

I tried restarting Art Rage and it still gave me the same problem.

I tried moving the canvas with the mouse and got the same results.

I hope this helps.

Gallery
    View images
    Glad to hear it's working now! If it does pop up again, let me know, or you can email me directly at support@ambientdesign.com and I should be able to work with you to pin down what's causing it. Thanks for the details!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design