ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: strange happenings with move/rotate/zoom

strange happenings with move/rotate/zoom

Sorry, I do not have exact list of circumstances under which this occurs. It is rare, but just frequent enough to annoy; all I can tell you is image disappears from view sometimes when I'm using the move/rotate/zoom tools which I do very often to get perfect angle for brush strokes.

Just now I rotated about 270 degrees, moved canvas slightly right, pressed button bound to zoom in function and image vanished from view. I believe it is merely moved/scaled out of the viewing area. I am left banging on the scale/position/rotation reset tools to bring back what I laughably term art.

Resetting rotation, scale, then position brings it up centered perfectly. If I could create macro for this all would be copacetic.
    Resetting position, rotation, then scale brings it up centered on upper left corner of my display.
    Resetting position, scale, then rotation does same thing as above.

Perhaps the issue is my computer; I am using Intuos2 tablet with old Wacom V4.78-6 drivers. No newer ones support mouse button box functionality. Also my OS is Windows XP, with dual monitor arrangement.

Gallery
    View images
    Pressing 'D' on your keyboard resets zoom, scale, and rotation.

Well look into the problem of the canvas vanishing here.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage
    Pressing 'D' on your keyboard resets zoom, scale, and rotation.
    Problem SOLVED.

Haven't seen this problem anywhere else on this forum, so I am almost certain problem lay in my use of antiquated tablet drivers. I would REALLY not like to update; but have enough buttons left on wacom mouse that one more is no problem.

Thank you for speedy reply, and for excellent software. You would be justified in charging five times the price.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangeish
    Thank you for speedy reply, and for excellent software. You would be justified in charging five times the price.
    Heh. Lots of people tell us that, but really we'd rather have ArtRage accessible to five times as many people, rather than charge more.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Mmmn. I seem to have a similar problem, but it only happens every so often. I'm currently running the latest ArtRage 2.5 version (at present time), and a genius graphics tablet.

Nice to know about the "D" key though - i'll try it next time it happens.