ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: scratch disc location

scratch disc location

it would be nice if I had the option to change the memory allocation to my external drive.
    Why follow me to higher ground lost as you swear I am

Scratch disc option

I agree, as I'm sure it will largely improve the performance of Artrage.
    I love the interface and features, but I am forced to return to photoshop as Artrage can't seem to perform satisfactory when working in 300dpi, even when the dimension are not too large. Such a pity , I hope the Artrage team will make improving the performance a priority, as I do love the program.

Rachel, I have no problems working with Artrage with 300dpi projects of any size. I have a fairly modern processor and 2 gigs of ram, however. I would think more memory would make a big difference with larger file sizes. Of course I have no idea what your computer is like, but I just wanted to say I see no glitches or delays in Artrage 2.5 at that dpi.

Hi Freight. Thanks for your reply. But eally strange as I have tried it on my brothers computer with the same performance issues. I have a P4 2.84 GHZ , 2gig ram and a Gforce 6800 extreme graphic card. I have had no problems when working even at 600dpi in photoshop , as well with Corel Painter.
    What happens is the "paint" tends to lag behind the brush( or cursor) when using the paintbrush , and also very slow when using the airbrush.
    One of the Artrage team had mentioned it had to do when using very large brushes , but if it is true that you have no such problems ... I'd really love to know how to solve the problem. My standard work is normally 300dpi on a A4 size.
    I truly would love to say Goodbye to other software , as I do love the Artrage features and open canvas when working in fullscreen mode.

I seem to be having a bit better luck lately after downloading latest pen tablet driver from WACOM. The utility included has an option to remove my preference file so I ran it and I'm experiencing less lag. Graphire 3.
    Also, I know the way I tend to paint doesn't help....quick(very) strokes.
    P4, 1.5ghz,896mb ram.
    Why follow me to higher ground lost as you swear I am

Adding more ram will definitely help.
    ArtRage is a RAM hog. It has to store much more information per pixel on the canvas than other painting applications, so more RAM will help.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"