Thread: Fall Path

Gallery
    View images

Fall Path

Oh well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    what oh well? this is lovely robert i like the colours and the different use of brush strokes..what arent you liking? cause it looks neat from here

Selby
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

Gallery
    View images
    Interesting.

In western culture, paintings on black are tough to keep from drawing associations with kitch = in this case being black velvet paintings and black light posters. So it says 1950s-60s cheesy motel rooms and basements with bongs and resin coated walls, both of which are plenty groovy if you're a sophomore in high school.

Just an fyi -- it's an association among professional artists and set decorators. The casual artist would probably never think about it one way or the other.

So if that's a period look you're after, then that's what you would seek to emulate. If not, steer clear, lest you get lumped in with that group.

The one saving association of black as background would be inlay furniture from China or something. That can be quite elegant and admired, at least the good stuff.

And your pic has more of that kind of look than the former.

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you Selby. You're always good for my ego.

DA. While it didn't turn out as I'd hoped I think it would be a good children's image. Funny stuff about the bong and basement and blacklights and all. The good news is: I sold its brother tonight (In Your Dreams)from my Etsy store along with three others to one person. Made my day fer sher.

Gallery
    View images
    Sounds like positive feedback to me. Gotta find your market, sez I.

There's a large group in the world that disagree with my tastes. So what I say is always to be filed under 'for what it's worth'.

Follow your bliss. That's the key.

Gallery
    View images
    Beautiful Robert... looks like a tapestry at first glance. Great color combination. Congrats on all the sales lately. You should post a thread over in general chat about how it works. I would love to know. How you get a good enough print for people to buy... when you are doing them RGB will that actually print out true to color? I assume that you keep the rights to sell future copies of the same print right?
    Email me if you like. You know the address...

Anyway I love this piece. The brush strokes become elements...Well done.

Gallery
    View images
    stunning!

Gallery
    View images
    Archon, thank you.

GZ, thanks. I'll put a thread in General Chat to see if there's any interest in a summation about Etsy and how I go about getting things printed.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Bob,

I like this one more than the abstract one you did. Very unique feeling on the strokes you did here. You maybe experience more on this style. Very good one.

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you Pai. I had mixed feelings about this one which is why I turned it into "In Your Dreams".