ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: New in here!

Gallery
    View images

New in here!

Hello there

I have recently discovered this fabulous application and downloaded the free version over the weekend to have a little play and get a feel for how things work. I must say, even though I only had a few spare minutes I was very much impressed.

I am not a painter, infact I cant paint at all and am reasonably ok at drawing if I have an image to copy that is

I am curious though. If I am to achieve any reasonable level of skill and quality in future paintings is a graphics tablet absolutely essential? Granted I would love to have one but really do have a very limited budget and these Wacoms do seem to be rather costly. Is painting semi acceptable pictures with the mouse even possible?

Well, Im so glad I have found this community and prilliant piece of software.

Gallery
    View images
    Hello,
    I think a graphic tablet is much much better than a mouse.
    You can find tablets that are not so expensive and work fine.

I use a Graphire 4 from Wacom but there are other brands.
    Once you use a tablet you will store the mouse away for all your work.

Regards,
    AB
    kiva.org
    How you can help people living in developing countries

Gallery
    View images
    I use a mouse mostly, just because I'm lazy and don't paint nearly as much as I would like to. But if you are planning to really use the program, I think it would be good to have one.

Real estate on my desktop is at a premium so I put mine away for periods of time.

One advantage of having a tablet is that you will find that the brush tool tapers because of pressure sensitivity. That'll give you a lot more latitude in painting. And it's a but freer when you move it about.

But there's plenty you can do without one as well, while you think whether to get one. Most people who have a tablet would never want to not have one.

Gallery
    View images
    I got the Wacom Volito 2 tablet... It's quite cheap.... ...And now I can't imagine my digital artwork without it.... ....I think its a must....
    God hates me 'cause I'm an atheist...
    Ex nihilo nihil fit - Therefore, I must be a nihilist.

Gallery
    View images
    Ok, i can certainly see how having a tablet would be helpful. I will do some research. Thanks.

Gallery
    View images
    After a while you can become quite adept at using the mouse. A tablet does allow for a bit more precision. Check out www.worldstart.com. From time to time they have a small tablet available for a reasonable price. Also, if you can manage a little extravagence from the budget, go for the full version of Art Rage. It is an incredible value for what you get. And don't let the thought that you can't paint stop you from having fun with this program. Each day you will discover that expressing yourself is a delightful pleasure. Picasso had to start somewhere. :lol:

Gallery
    View images
    Hello mcruk...I started drawing with a mouse, then I had a graphics tablet....but now I'm back to mouse(my tablet doesn't work with vista). I definitely think that a tablet makes a few things easier...and it feels more natural when your drawing. I suppose it depends on what your comfortable with