ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: 2nd try in pencil

2nd try in pencil

I am doing this from imagination so I was trying to practice my drawing with my tablet. It morphed from a pair of eyes to a face to Sacajawea. Whatcha think?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I think it's well done.

Thanks Robert.

I am trying to decide to keep it in the sketch form or add colors. What do you think?

I think the color one is darn good folk art.

I love it. Has an honest frontier kind of feel.

Yeah, that's funny how that happens -- changing scale will give you a different look at something. Happens to this very day.

It's because your mind tends to complete and perfect things that are incomplete. That's why it's often good to walk away and come back later with a fresh eye. . . or like you say, reduce it.

In Writing, people make careers out of being proof readers for the same reason. Becoming blind to something one is working on is universal.

Happens to me all the time still.

Very cool portrait. Would look even better on a darker background I think.

good first try

portraits are a bit tricky at times, part expression and part pose

put them all coming together to make you ( the viewer ) learn alittle more about the person you are capturing in a single moment of time

in photography i felt this style ( portraits ) was my weakest

it's hard to get that perfect moment that states "yes that's them, that's person to a tee"( real or not real )

keep trying ...look at others for examples ( you'll be surprised at some good portrait stuff in cataloges or fashion magazines )

steve

2nd try

Thanks everybody. I am going to try this before I call it done. I am taking gzairborne's advice and trying this with a twist and adding an aura. I tried the Bumble sky tutorial but messed up. Ill try again and then send it to the gallery.