Thread: How to Blend in ArtRage 2?

Gallery
    View images

How to Blend in ArtRage 2?

What's the best way to 'blend' in ArtRage?

Other art programs like Twisted Brush and Corel painter have specific blender brushes of various types. There doesn't seem to be a specific blender brush in AR2.

BTW-I'm not talking about using a palette knife, more like a tortillon (sp?) or rolled paper stick or tissue type of blending.

Thanks.

Gallery
    View images

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks, Hanzz, I will chaeck it out. :-)

Gallery
    View images
    Umm...I had a look at the links, and I'm not sure you understand what I want. I already understand about blending colours on a pallette and changing paper grains,etc.

If you have used Corel Painter, you'll know that they have specific blender 'brushes' that are more like those real life tortillon blending stumps. ('A tortillion is an artist's tool used to smudge and blend a drawing made from charcoal, pencil or pastel. It consists of a tightly-wound stick of soft, fibrous paper, and is sanded to a point at one end like a pencil. This tool is used in place of the fingers because the skin can leave oils on the drawing paper.' Wikipedia) .

That's what I wanted to know about.

Gallery
    View images
    I know, this is the workaround. There is no more yet , than the palette knife.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Gallery
    View images
    i've used tortillon stumps for my pencil drawings and the palette soft knife is what i used as a substitute. I use it heavily for all my AR paintings now eg. jessica alba portrait. The techniques involved linear stroking or circular strokes, changing the pressure, and the size. In my opinion, the soft knife is far superior to the stump.
    oops..erhmm have been too busy to paint... look me up on facebook "erwin soo" or "erwinsoo"