ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: A half an hour newbie here

Gallery
    View images

A half an hour newbie here

Just bought the program and I am in love with it but...... I can't paint with oil brush, airbrush, chalk, pencil and knife.... you would say almost anything.... :? :cry:
    I am using a mouse but I have a Graphics pen also plugged in. The other ones are working fine... The oil brush if I make it at 0 pressure, 0 thinner and 100 loading it makes a very light and fine line....

Would someone enlighten me please.... :?

Thank you
    Clohie

Gallery
    View images
    I don't think this is your problem, but I'll mention it just in case.

If you have mutiple layers and at least one upper layer has opaque paper, you are still able to select and paint on a lower layer - but you will not see it because of the opaque upper layer. It's a little confusing, and there has been discussion about the previously as to whether that is desired behavior.

D.

Gallery
    View images
    the eraser doesn't work either..... please help me

Gallery
    View images
    thank you but I am still trying to see what I can do with the program I havent got that point yet.... trying out really.... I rebooted the computer but it didn't work..... :? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Gallery
    View images
    Can you tell me whether you're using MacOSX, or Windows (Vista or XP)?

You can reset ArtRage 2.5 to its default settings by doing the following:
    As you start ArtRage, hold down the spacebar key on your keyboard. ArtRage should start up full-screen, and check for updates. All the brush and paint settings will be at their defaults.
    If that doesn't cure your problem, you should ensure you have the latest drivers for your tablet.
    Let me know if you still have problems and we can try some other things.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Andy
    Thank you for your answer but first I am not using the tablet although it is plugged in, I am using another mouse that is plugged in as well....
    I did what you suggested but it didn't work.
    Let's go to Plan B....
    Clohie

Gallery
    View images
    WEll,,,,,plan A worked... I unplugged the Old Graphire I have here and it is working now
    Thank you

Clohie