ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Precise cursor

Precise cursor

ArtRage Free 2

When I use the precise cursor my line does not start in the center of the cross.
    If I do a circle and end the cursor at the beginning of the line I will get
    a line that is longer than the circle.

If I uncheck "precise cursor" there is no real change.
    There seems to be no difference between the two modes.

Once in a while I also get my "finder" arrow cursor on top of the cross.
    If I go to the finder window and come back to ArtRage the arrow will
    dissapear.

Should the lines start in the middle of the cursor ?
    Is there a difference between the modes ?

When I use the brush the cursor is more precise.
    The lines almost start at the center of the brush.
    AB
    kiva.org
    How you can help people living in developing countries

If you're using a large tool, the precise cursor will stay as a cross-hair, but the outline cursor will grow to reflect the approximate size of your stroke. If your tool size is very small, the outline cursor changes into the precise cursor so it isn't in the way.
    Which tool are you using with the precise cursor that doesn't appear to be starting on the cursor?
    What we try to do with most of the tools is start the stroke as though the centre of the tool is on the precise cursor. So if you have a large round crayon and start a stroke, the circle that is the size of your crayon would be centred on the cross-hair. So the stroke will actually start one half the diameter of the tool back from the cross-hair centre.
    ArtRage isn't intended to be a precise application - there is a fair amount of chaos in the system to give a more real-world look and feel to the produced work, rather than a plain digital look.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Hello,

So the stroke will actually start one half the diameter of the tool back from the cross-hair centre.
    ArtRage isn't intended to be a precise application - there is a fair amount of chaos in the system to give a more real-world look and feel to the produced work, rather than a plain digital look.
    You answered my question. I have been playing around with AR free and also use Photoshop and Inkscape so I'm simply ajusting to AR.
    I find it quite interesting and most easy to use.
    I also found that I can be precise, when need be, once I take into account what you have just explained.

Thanks,
    AB
    kiva.org
    How you can help people living in developing countries