Thread: Sunset Cove

Gallery
    View images

Sunset Cove

The end (?) product of a project begun last nite and documented in the WIP gallery. C and C welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    I really love the end result. You use the palette knife on the water as well, right?

Gallery
    View images
    you could add some colors from the sky and the shore to the rock... ...so it fuses more with the painting...
    ...dunno, just me....
    God hates me 'cause I'm an atheist...
    Ex nihilo nihil fit - Therefore, I must be a nihilist.

Gallery
    View images
    Personally, I kind of like the contrast of the painting right now. I honestly can't find anything I think would make it better if changed.

I really like how you get a sense of balance from the way that the sky is almost black right over the dark cliff, and the same thing in the left of the painting where you get dark sky and a patch of darkened land.

I get the urge to apply the rulers to this painting in search of the golden section. (That means that I experience very positive stimulation from what you have created.)

Gallery
    View images
    It's a really cool Z or lightning bolt design.

A such, though, with the lightning bolt composition, subtle as it is, I kinda get a jolt from on high. Would perhaps be subliminal in the viewer. Perhaps it wouldn't even register. But it could for some.

It's stuff like this that one can play with if one has any interest in playing with all the visual toys. We all have out favorites, but once in a while a new one comes up unbidden, and it can be helped along a little, or featured or ignored.

All your call and how much one wants to interact with their inner creator who is below the conscious level for the most part. That one really can do some dazzling stuff.

Cool.

Oh, and I might not make the colors in the water quite so streaky. Looks a little confused, that is if you're concerned with natural appearances.

You're doing great Bob.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gallery
    View images
    Beautiful Robert. I love the colors you chose.
    You might lower the horizon line just a smidge to about where the orange stops.

Gallery
    View images
    Alvekatt, yes I did use the knife on the water too and thank you for your kind words.

I tried working in some of the suggestions (thank you ginem, DA, and GZ) but didn't care for how they turned out so, I'll move it to my gallery now since I think I can't make it any better at this point.

Once again DA, you educate me after the fact about something I didn't even conciously do with the Z thing. I see it now but never would have without your mention of it. Thank you for your ongoing support and critical observations.

Albert, thank you for your kind words also.