ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ArtRage 2 and Cintiq set-up

1. ArtRage 2 and Cintiq set-up

Hello! How do I make the cintiq's touchstrip zoom in and out? I can only get it to zoom in.
    Thanks
    John

Hi MoonBoy. Are you using ArtRage 2.5, or an earlier version?

The zoomstrip (and mousewheel zoom) only arrived with ArtRage 2.5

There will be an update to the Free edition of ArtRage this week (fingers crossed) that will give it mouse-wheel and zoom-strip zooming.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

3. Hi! I am using ArtRage 2.5 (though not very much as I miss the zooming of Corel Painter). Is it possible in AR? I only seem to be able to zoom in, but not out with either touchstrips of the Cintiq.
    Thanks
    John

Check your Wacom control panel for settings for ArtRage.
    The zoom strip should do mouse-wheel zooming, rather than page up/page down zooming.

I dont have a Cintiq in front of me (more's the pity!) but the settings should be the same as the Intuos:
    Ensure your zoomstrip is set to 'Auto scroll/Zoom'
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

5. Hi again. I have tried both "autoscroll/zoom" and "zoom" on either touchstrip, but to no avail. I then tried with other software, eg. Lineform and even Expression that is no longer made for Mac - and it works perfect there. In ArtRage 2.5 I can only zoom in, but not out.
    Hope you can solve this soon. With the big Cintiq screen, one really needs the touchstrips to work correctly.

Thanks
    John

Hi,

I recently got a Wacom Cintiq 12W, and I have an ArtRage 2 setup question.

I have the Cintiq hooked up to my laptop as a secondary monitor, extended to the left of my primary (the laptop's) monitor, and I can drag ArtRage over to it and maximize it just fine. However, unlike Photoshop and Painter, ArtRage doesn't remember its window position if that location is on the secondary monitor. Is there a way to get ArtRage to open on the Cintiq if the Cintiq is designated as a secondary monitor?

If not, I would like to see this feature in a future update. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

DRG

By the way, I realize that if I made the Cintiq my primary display, that would solve the problem, but I need the Cintiq to be my secondary monitor because its resolution (1280 x 800) is much lower than my laptop's display resolution (1920 x 1080). I wish to keep the laptop's display the primary one for other applications that don't need to run on the Cintiq and can use the bigger real estate.

DRG

Quote Originally Posted by MoonBoy
    Hi again. I have tried both "autoscroll/zoom" and "zoom" on either touchstrip, but to no avail.
    Last contact I had on this issue, Wacom were working at fixing their drivers to solve this issue. ArtRage uses a much higher resolution zoom than Photoshop and Painter (realtime smooth zoom) using Apple's standard OS mousewheel functionality but the Wacom strip didn't support that (as apparently is the case with a bunch of non Apple hardware, but we test with Apple hardware on OSX).

We're now waiting on driver updates. If you haven't updated to the latest Wacom drivers please give that a go and see if it helps. I will test on my Intuos here, which should have the same functionality.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Hi,

For some reason, ArtRage 2 is no longer working properly with my Cintiq 12WX and I was wondering if anybody else was experiencing problems. Basically, ArtRage isn't tracking my brush correctly; it's drawing my strokes somewhere offscreen. I know this because occasionally the brush will enter the canvas from the edge, even though I am making my strokes from inside the canvas.

I'm not sure what's causing the problem, but I have two guesses:

1. AR2 may be incompatible with Wacom driver 6.05 for Cintiq, as I recently updated my wacom drivers to make it work properly with Manga Studio.

or

2. AR2 auto-updated when I launched it yesterday, and perhaps the latest version is incompatible with the Cintiq.

Any helpful advice? Thanks in advance.

DRG

Okay, I figured out the problem: there is an option in Preferences that I've never seen before called Precise Tablet Mode which was checked on. I turned it off and now the Cintiq is working properly with Art Rage 2.

Is Precise Tablet Mode a new feature? In any case, it does not seem to be compatible with the Cintiq 12WX using current drivers (6.05).

Hope this info is helpful to other users who run into this problem.

DRG