ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruler Angle

Ruler Angle

Hi guys can some one please tell me the best way to get 2 rulers at the same angle i had one at the angle i wanted, and it said -12 so on my second one i tryed to set it to -12 but nope it wouldn't do it.

Can some one please try and mak some type of angle chat or protractor thingee with the angles on it please

Thanks
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

Ah, now oddly that's a bug I hadn't noticed. The ruler angle isn't supposed to show negatives.
    So I'll add that to the buglist.

However... 0 degrees is the same circular position as 360 degrees. So subtract 12 from 360 gives you 348 degrees.

If you see a negative degrees, just subtract the value from 360 to get the equivalent positive degree value which you can enter in the degree entry box.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage
    Ah, now oddly that's a bug I hadn't noticed. The ruler angle isn't supposed to show negatives.
    So I'll add that to the buglist.

However... 0 degrees is the same circular position as 360 degrees. So subtract 12 from 360 gives you 348 degrees.

If you see a negative degrees, just subtract the value from 360 to get the equivalent positive degree value which you can enter in the degree entry box.
    Thanks Andy sending you an png file so you can see, the funning thing is from the first beta its been like that and i thought it was the way to do it.
    Graham Fisher

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

Same here, but in my Artrage it actually worked. Though this explains why the math to get the right angle got all complex...

It's one of those odd bugs that works in every case with the other stencils, or if you use the rotate tool to rotate the ruler. Or even if you rotate first in the clockwise direction, then anti-clockwise with the ruler grips. The only case it fails is if you first rotate anti-clockwise with the ruler grips.

It's very very difficult in such a large project (as ArtRage 2.5 has become!) to test every possible iteration of every possible tool.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Thanks Andy i fix the angle thingee i wanted here it is if others are really dumb like me when it comes to Angles was never any good with maths
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Graham Fisher

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

Cripster, thanks!

Though won't the lines be kind of hard to make out with all the gradient-inducing grayscale around the thing?

Edit: Like this. But will that really work? I mean, It's kind of the wrong colours in the wrong places... How does the ruler work? I mean, it doesn't have the numbers drawn directly to it, right? Because in that case the measurement would go all wonky when you resize it...

Edit2: Doh. Of course this won't matter if you only use it for reference together with the rulers or other stencils...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

i've resized it and the numbers stay true
    Graham Fisher

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

Cripster - you could also try just right-clicking on the first ruler and selecting "Duplicate Stencil." That should make an exact copy of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nedroid
    Cripster - you could also try just right-clicking on the first ruler and selecting "Duplicate Stencil." That should make an exact copy of it.
    I don't have a menu that says Duplicate Stencil when i right click
    Graham Fisher

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2