ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: FortuneTellerWIP

FortuneTellerWIP

I've no rest with new subject and I'm afraid I'm starting more works than I can complete. I should try new more free style than more unfinished work, but I have to control this new drawings frenzy.
    Here I have still quite a number of things to complete/ insert!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	magareducedwip_742.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	9135  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Best not judge when the Muse visits. Just paint and draw as fast as you can. Enviable place of creativity to be.

May be that there is a personal style that is forming that is trying to bypass your intellect. You can look back at all the stuff you will be doing and then see if there is anything that becomes clear after the fact perhaps. Usually easier to spot it then. Thats one of the possible spots where you can really focus on refining it as a style.

Your questions that come based on previous work in that new context will be what sets you in a personal direction. And that is a great place to get to. It will sharpen your vision.

Nice attitude on this pose.

Thank You D Akey for sharing Your wisdom. The problem is that I have an ancient drawing attitude that interfereres with looking an image as colours tones spots and freedom of painting strokes. Moreover the way You progressively detail are diffferent. What is worse is that I can draw reasonably good without any model or reference in front because of my old passion background whilst fr painting I should rather start copying to grasp the skill, but I do not like using references images or copying so....
    This conflict is a little bit like the Rennaissance dispute between two of the greatest painting schools: the florentine one where extrafine drawing was essential (Michelangelo, Leonardo) and the venitian one where colouring skills was the most important (Giorgione, Tiziano).
    P.S. Congratulations for Your revolving new Avatars!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thanks. It's an avatar I painted way back when I rediscovered ArtRage a year ago or so. Kinda fun doing a postage stamp size portrait.

In an artsy, painterly mood.