ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Avatars --- where size really matters

Avatars --- where size really matters

Andy or Dave,

How come some people's avatars can be more than my max? I am allowed no more than 6k. I've seen one with a size of over 10 and nearly double the pixels. Howza come?

:?

Maybe they linked to an avatar off site....in your profile where the options are to choose your avatar you can either upload from your machine, upload from a URL or Link to a URL... Maybe that affects the size you can get away with :lol:
    Bumble on deviantART
    Bumble's Photos
    Friendship is the song in your heart and friends are the ones who sing it back to you when you forget the words.

Since yours is 8k. . . and quite lovely I might add. . .you should know.

Nice avatar, Bumble, I must say.

Thanks! I wonder what it is about it in the mechanics that allows for still using those extra few k, since it has still has to store it on this site. Is it merely because it was written thus? Or was there a logical explanation I wonder?

As you can tell this is not my forte.

Thanks D Akey I uploaded mine from my PC. Made it myself just reduced one of my paintings then saved it as png...so maybe it has something to do file type... :lol: Although on my PC the original file says its 5.60KB :?
    Bumble on deviantART
    Bumble's Photos
    Friendship is the song in your heart and friends are the ones who sing it back to you when you forget the words.

Must be the exchange rate :lol:

Anyway, yours looks so beautiful with the color range of the .png allowing for smoothness.

I love that you're now using your own art -- is this the first time? Significant moment if it is. Coming into your own.

:lol: ....
    Yes this is the first time I've used my own art for my avatar....
    Bumble on deviantART
    Bumble's Photos

hee dakey looks like a little avatar -envy to me matey .......haa,,as you can see tried to get myself a new avater tried resizing and tinkering around ...everytime i tried .still to big .........did my head in so decided on absolutely no avatar at all .............errrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......brin g back my over eating piglett me thinks .hes been away for quite a while now his tan must be" tantastic ".........a local sunbed shop nr my home ............hee hee .....i once saw a sunbed shop called electric beach ....thought that a better name ..................

Well speg, your past avatars were great. Bring one of them back anyway till you get a handle on the new one.

I think the overeating pig will no longer do with food prices such as they are.

Maybe a trim and fit piggie -- as a sign of your new intention of eating healthy.

omg... I have officially heard of everything now...avatar envy!

Quote Originally Posted by gzairborne
    omg... I have officially heard of everything now...avatar envy!
    Hahaha.

Ya say, your avatar's got ya down, and people point and laugh. And they talk and mutter behind your back around the water cooler. Is that what's troublin' you Binky?

Cue: John Philip Souza

Well CHEER UP! It ain't the end of the world. Choose ArtRage as your tool of choice, and smile!

(Smiling optional. Void where prohibited by law.)