ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To

Gallery
    View images

How To

How do I make a stencil??? Thanks a bunch..
    Rick
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery

Gallery
    View images
    To make a stencil.

Make a PNG image in black and white. Black is the area that lets through paint. White the area that doesn't. Create gradients with grayscale.

You can basically make a stencil of any black and white image by just saving it as PNG.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks a bunch.. Easy enough..
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery

Gallery
    View images
    Well that was easy enough--thanks a ton.

where do I create the stensil of text?

I have design in AR. and want to type a 3 word logo or stencil and cannot seem to get the hang of the orange things. Can I make a phrase in Pages or Word and then save it .png and then import it to AR. Where will it be? Is there a collection place of templates that you can see and select? or just drag and drop? Can I write over the design in some way other than "stencil"
    Thanks

Gallery
    View images
    Hi James,
    Stencils can be .jpg or .png. You can create them right in AR by just using black on a white canvas or any other app that will allow you to create those types of files. Once created and saved, just copy them to the Ambient Design folder into the Stencils folder. Doing it right from AR, click on the lower arrow in the layers panel, select Make A Stencil From This Layer then right click on the stencil and select Save Stencil Image To Disk.

flipping templates

Thank you now how do we flip a text in order to print it on fabric?

Gallery
    View images
    Download a free graphics program called Irfanview from download.com. It will do that for you. Image ... Horizontal Flip.

http://www.download.com/IrfanView/30...html?tag=lst-1

flipping templates horizontaly to print the reverse image

Thank you but I have a mac with art rage. Is there another program to do this with a mac?

Gallery
    View images
    There's a couple ways you could flip your text in ArtRage. You could stencil the text onto it's own layer, then click on "Transform Layer Contents". In the editing window, you'll see a little arrow on the menu where you'll find an option to flip the layer that contains your text.

Another method you could use is to simply flip the stencil itself by right clicking on the stencil and selecting "flip stencil horizontally". Then you just paint over the flipped stencil.

Did you paint something besides the text? Because usually one would want to flip the entire image when transferring it like that...
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.