ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Layer editing when hidden...

Layer editing when hidden...

I don't think I can overstate the importance of NOT being able to edit hidden layers. I have years of experience in digital painting and editing and I still forget to switch from a layer I've hidden once in a while. ops: The ability to undo makes what would otherwise be a disaster into an annoyance, but the slow down in work flow is enough to make me post my peeves. I realize I'm asking you to protect me from my own inadequacies but there it is.

I don't think I can overstate how much I love ArtRage too by the way.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Thanks Fashmir. It's in the bug-list.
    Look for it in a future build.

And we love what you do with ArtRage!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Thanks for this one, Fashmir and AndyRage.

It was something I was going to mention. Hehehehe.

In my case, I was working on a tint layer at 10% opacity, and I was merrily stroking away for about ten minutes, listening to music, and thinking, 'Hmmmmm. Tint doesn't seem to be making MUCH of a difference.'

I WAS seeing a difference, of course. Due to my own willingness to believe that something MUST have been happening. So the difference was a placebo effect.

When I eventually realised what I'd done, it was too late. The invisible layer I'd been inadvertantly ruining was beyond repair. I just didn't want to waste the time it would take to press CTR-Z eight billion times. And besides, I knew that at some point, CTR-Z would hit its limit, and I'd be left with a little bit of unscrewed picture.

So hey. We live and learn.

Blue skies
    love
    Roy
    ROY BLUMENTHAL

Visual Facilitator: http://royblumenthal.com/portfolio

ArtRage 3.5.5 and 4.0.4 on:
    Fujitsu T901, Asus R1E

Quote Originally Posted by royblumenthal
    When I eventually realised what I'd done, it was too late. The invisible layer I'd been inadvertantly ruining was beyond repair. I just didn't want to waste the time it would take to press CTR-Z eight billion times. And besides, I knew that at some point, CTR-Z would hit its limit, and I'd be left with a little bit of unscrewed picture.
    In theory... undo is infinte.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Ah! Cool to know! I was operating under a mis-assumption... Because various other programs have limits to the number of undos, I just kinda thought ArtRage would too.

Thanks very much for the update, guys. This software kicks butt deluxe.

Blue skies
    love
    Roy
    ROY BLUMENTHAL

Visual Facilitator: http://royblumenthal.com/portfolio

ArtRage 3.5.5 and 4.0.4 on:
    Fujitsu T901, Asus R1E