Thread: Straight lines?

Gallery
    View images

Straight lines?

Is there a way to make straight lines?? This is particularly useful in many ways....

Thanks in advance!

Gallery
    View images
    There is no way to force a straightline to be created with the tools, but there was another discussion about this and folks had a few cretive ideas.

One was to use a actual ruler or straightedge on your tablet (presuming you have one) and running the pen along it.

Another was to move your drawing around on the screen so that the area you want to draw your line is aligned with an edge of the screen. Then draw along the side of the screen -- since your pen can't move outside of the screen area, you get a straight line.

One more was to freehand your line by using a reference onscreen and following it. For me, anyway, I can't even FOLLOW a straight line, so that wouldn't work! Using a reference image and moving it to where you want your straight line was the means of doing this one. Just move the image with the little pushpin, and then rotate as needed.

Hope this helped somehow.

D.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for those suggestions. I'll have to try them out when the need arises. For perspective work, I guess I will have to lay out the perspective lines in another application or scan in a drawing..

Gallery
    View images
    Check out this post for a discussion on this, and I think a link to some perspective guides you can use from autodesk.

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ht=perspective

D.

Gallery
    View images
    maybe someone has storyboard guides or knows where to find them ?

many thanks

Gallery
    View images
    The autodesk link referenced above does have storyboard backgrounds in it.

David

Gallery
    View images

Drzeller write just that idea. I draw more one example. Lines middle of canvas can done whit time. Frames is basically easy done.

If window taskbar at down is front (top) of drawing then can select window-properties taskbar selection that taskbar is not top of other windows.

This windows taskbar selection has also influence of artrage canvas size selection, when open new drawings and select "use screen size".

If taskbar selection is on "keep taskbar top of other windows" then canvas size is not full monitor size.

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Live, Love Do it Peace.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by drzeller
    The autodesk link referenced above does have storyboard backgrounds in it.

David
    sorry, I have seen what the link contains before posting but I meant a page like in a cartoon with the windows already drawn

something like the following
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images

Re: Straight lines?

Quote Originally Posted by nixon
    Is there a way to make straight lines?? This is particularly useful in many ways....
    You are right!
    Developers, add this feature, please! Something like Adobe Photoshop's [Ctrl]+[Left Mouse button]=Straight Line.