Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'kalahari meerkat' finished

im sorry i started a new thread, i didnt know how to change subject title in the current thread.

This was produced using a:

Hardware: volito 2, (i know some of you guys arent fond of this tablet )....

866MHz PC
    512 SDRAM
    32 MB GRAPHICS CARD

SOFTWARE: ARTRAGE 2.1 full (the layers helped alot)

Cartoon: Thankyou...i dont know about perfect..but thankyou

Fashmir: Thankyou...Master Fashmir..for your encouragements.....you are an inspiration...as i have seen your works regularly.....i have learnt a few things about proportion, distance and composition from doing this piece..i hope i keep those in mind when i do another piece like this......maybe something without fur heehee

bearblue1: Thankyou....*bow*

Erika_PLJ: Thankyou, im glad you liked it

drzeller: ive seen a few documentaries.......yep they take turns...amazing isnt it...and they dont even question their leaders ........thanks

Gita: Thanks very much...and also for your encouragement....that fur....i think i done ok on it until i got to the belly, then it gets slightly less well done..i was probably getting to the point where i wanted it over and done with......i know you're polishing up your skills and are going to unleash some artwork on us to view eh?....anyway...thanks again!

AgedP: Thanks...yes..the second meerkat....i realised that the left hand of the pciture was 'heavy' and it didnt 'balance'...but also im off to print and frame this for my sisters birthday, and i just couldnt do that second meerkat......yes...there were moments where i was wondering..'why did i start this'.....you are also right about posting WIPs...because you realise people are following what you are doing...and it does put pressure on to finish a piece...its a good character builder ...thanks again..and for your encouragement too

Andy:THanks again Andy...ooh features page...that would be nice... i havent painted a proper full piece for about 10..12 years...so this software was an inspiration

Weeks: Thankyou....I'll keep playing with it

:lol: Enchanter

Wow Enchanter what a lovely painting you have produced, simply great to look at and so real you almost feel you are there trying to keep quiet so as not to disturb the animal.Regards. tony

Volito2 is a great pen, but the nib can't be replaced. A new pen is very expensive.
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Really amazing job enchanter. i remeber seeing the WIP and the reference images, the lion king meerkat timon looks nothing like these haha.. but youres is alot more realistic, it looks stunning great job

thanks Tony, sssh might disturb it

AgedP ...yep its probably cheaper to buy a new volito package or save up for a Intuos

vulturemullet , thanks for the compliments

excellent work!!!

THANKS NIXON

Great piece! I am certain your sister will appreciate such a wonderful gift.
    Art is like an ill-trained Labrador retriever that drags you out into traffic. (Annie Dillard)