ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Accuracy is way off

Accuracy is way off

Hi all,

I'm in possession of a Genius Pensketch 9x12, and I was excited when I read on another forum that AR had reached 2.5, so I thought I'd trial a copy. However when I put pen to paper (so to speak), the drawing starts approx 3 inches to the right of where the pen is actually placed on the pad!

I'm using WinXP 64 with the proper drivers, they work in PS no problemo at all. Is there a fix for this? It is unusable as it stands! hmphhh!

Gallery
    View images
    In some tablet configurations the tablet packets we receive are offset from the actual mouse coordinates. However in ArtRage you can switch to using the mouse coordinates instead of precise tablet coordinates.
    In your ArtRage Edit menu, select Preferences, and ensure 'Precise Tablet Mode' is switched off. You may need to restart ArtRage after doing that.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Works a treat, now I can play a lil' and who knows, another order may be winging it's way soon...

cheers for the prompt repsonse

Scott

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for this. I just upgraded my Wacom Graphire to a Wacom Intuos, and started experiencing the same issue (I believe the Tilt functionality was throwing ArtRage off). The setting in preferences fixed it for me as well.

Separately, since this is my first post, I wanted to say a quick "thank you" for ArtRage. I used the free version for a while, and, though it met all my needs, I paid for the full version anyway. The free version is so functional that I felt I "owed" you. And the full price is so reasonable that paying is an easy decision to make. Keep up the great work. You've got a fantastic program here.

Mike Calligaro

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Mike - thanks for that feedback.
    I hope the new features in the Full edition of ArtRage 2.5 are also useful to you!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"