Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airbrush is not working

Gallery
    View images

Airbrush is not working

It seems that my airbrush tool will not work most of the time, but when it does I get what looks like a blob of paint that runs down the canvas. I can post a picture if you need to see it.

Thanks!

Art Rage 2.5. 13

Gallery
    View images
    Is it like that time that guy sneezed on the radar sreen in Hot Shots? ;D

Gallery
    View images
    Can you tell me what sort of computer you're working on? Windows - Vista, or XP. Or MacOSX - 10.4.?

What sort of Tablet are you using? Have you updated your tablet drivers to the latest version?
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    It's a Lenovo X61 running Windows Vista. This only started happening when I updated AR. All of my drivers should be up to date, but I'll check again. It's strange that it's only the airbrush tool though, every other tool is working properly.

Gallery
    View images
    You might find the glitter tool is also having the same problem. They use a different stroke engine to the other tools.
    From your ArtRage menu, look under Edit, preferences menu for 'Precise Tablet mode'. Try changing that and restarting ArtRage.

Gallery
    View images
    You are correct about the glitter tool... it actually works just fine, but just like the airbrush tool, the cursor circle turns into an oval when I use the stylus. Otherwise everything is fine with the regular mouse. I just tried updating my drivers, but they are already up to date.

Gallery
    View images

Airbrush on X61

Any word on this? I have a similar problem: no airbrush at all, oval cursor, AR v2.5, tablet drivers are up to date. Glitter works. Have tried both precise tablet on/off settings. Thanks.

Gallery
    View images

Re: Airbrush on X61

Quote Originally Posted by pc_x61
    Any word on this? I have a similar problem: no airbrush at all, oval cursor, AR v2.5, tablet drivers are up to date. Glitter works. Have tried both precise tablet on/off settings. Thanks.
    What sort of tablet are you using? Are you using Windows Vista, or XP, or MacOSX?

Gallery
    View images
    I have a similar problem... ..I have Art Rage 2.2 Wacom edition....
    I use the Wacom Volito 2 tablet... ...and sometimes when I have computer "stutter", the airbrush tool is always at it's highest pressure, even higher then when I put pressure to 100% and use a mouse...
    God hates me 'cause I'm an atheist...
    Ex nihilo nihil fit - Therefore, I must be a nihilist.

Gallery
    View images
    Airbrush stopped working after updating Artrage here, too. Lenovo X60 tablet XP. Airbrush works when using the mouse, but not with the pen. If you try to use both at the same time, you get the sneezing effect described above.

edit... I noticed that the pen also stopped working on ink desktop after the airbrush wouldn't work so I rebooted. Now, everything is working. (I've had trouble with the airbrush not working before, but didn't take time to figure it out.) I'm not sure why only the airbrush doesn't work sometimes, but everything on ink desktop was working until I noticed that the airbrush wasn't working and quit Artrage.

When I was having trouble, all other tools worked fine in Artrage and the pen worked fine everywhere else I tried except it couldn't write on the ink desktop.

Also, I had the touch panel turned off when I was having trouble. I tried turning it on and the airbrush worked when I used my finger (passive digitizer) just like it did with the mouse. But, it didn't work with the pen.