Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fur Tutorial(Tiger W.I.P)

Hello Rowena and Thank You...
    You need to have the full version of Artrage and the latest update to use the new soft blend tool...just choose the palette knife tool and click on the soft option.... Hope this helps.... :lol:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bumble on deviantART
    Bumble's Photos
    Friendship is the song in your heart and friends are the ones who sing it back to you when you forget the words.

Thank you Bumble for you helpful response to my question.

Happily I have now found the tool! I am just too inept and clueless when using it ops: and I am glad to have found this thread to show me just how useful a tool this can be.

One more question please: about the zigzag lines which overlay the Tigers fur...are these to show how you used the tool, in a zigzag motion I wonder?

Sorry to be so dumb! I feel sure the different coloured zigzag lines are a part your process, or do they only indicate where abouts you used the tool?

I certainly do appreciate your help,
    Rowena.

Oooh, and by the way...

Would you mind telling how you got the whiskers to look so good?
    (I havent managed to get whiskers looking at all good yet)

Thanks again

Hi Rowena...
    The zig-zag lines are to show how I used the tool..to try and give you an idea of the motion I used with the tool.
    The whiskers did take me awhile to get right...it a combination of changing the opacity of the paper and the erase tool on a very soft setting. Just to try and soften them so they don't look so harsh.

Thanks again Bumble!

Wow! does one really change the opacity of the paper mid-painting?
    I haven't even begun to examine paper possibilities...I have only used the default canvas setting so far.

Opacity of the paper...what an interesting concept! What does that mean I wonder? boy oh boy I have a lot to learn :lol:
    But its all such intriguing fun, and now I wish I had a laptop so that I could lie in bed and play around with the ArtRage controls endlessly! (because my head hurts as I have a ghastly cold atm).

Thanks for the paper tip, I hadn't even considered that side of things until now!

Rowena.

Great tip Bumble! Thank you for sharing! You are truly a gifted painter. Did you do that from a photo or from memory?

Thank You Very much Milowerx.... I used a photo as colour reference and a picture of my cat to get the pose right :lol:

That is an impressive drawing! When I look at a tiger or other furry animal I can't see a way to separate the changing and blending colours in my head. Maybe I should just give it a try...

se7en

Thanks

Thanks in post this.
    You did a great work. I bought Artrage today and i'm learning some techinques.
    Thanks
    Rodrigo

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Then going over it with a dry brush 100% Size and about 20% pressure(see Tiger(W.I.P.))
    Hi,

Thank you for this nice tutorial.

I'd like to understand how you do that "dry brush" thing in ArtRage.

Regards.

Luc