ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Art Rage choice for Fujitsu P1610 Lifebook

Gallery
    View images

Best Art Rage choice for Fujitsu P1610 Lifebook

I'd like to get a recommendation for which version of Art Rage I should get for my Fujitsu Lifebook P1610. InkArt appealed to me in the Experience pack that came with this convertable tablet.

The P1610 has a 1280x768 display that's 9 inches or so, and it uses a passive touchscreen style digitizer. From what I am reading, it seems like the Ultra-Portable Edition may be what I am looking for.

I'm wondering how Art Rage ultra-portable handles passive digitizers versus active digitizers differently from the regular version of Art Rage. Can I have some technical details on the handling?

I am hearing that there may be a new version of Art Rage coming out for Ultra-Portables soon on one of the other threads. Is a 2.5 version of the ultra-portable edition of Art Rage in the works?

Gallery
    View images
    ArtRage for UltraMobile devices has exactly the same functionality as ArtRage 2.2 Full edition. The only difference is some of the UI has been optimized for small form-factor displays of around 800 x 480 pixels. If your display resolution is higher than that (1024 x 768 or better) you may as well get ArtRage 2 Full edition.
    The Full edition of ArtRage is at version 2.5 now, while the UMPC version is still at 2.2 (because it takes us longer to do the User Interface optimization for the small form-factor displays). The non-standard versions of ArtRage will always slightly lag the standard Full edition in release dates.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    What exactly are the UI optimizations? I,ve been meaning to ask this for a while.

Gallery
    View images
    Specifically, I couldn't list them all - MattRage is the man for that.
    But in general panel have been redesigned to fit into a shorter space, click areas of small controls has been increased, panels hide more compactly in the corners, with icons to retrieve them (for better keyboardless use).
    All reliance on 'hover' is removed, as fingers and passive styluses wont give any useful rollover information.

I think that's about it.

Gallery
    View images
    Is the open color picker smaller, larger or the same size?

Gallery
    View images
    So if I purchase the ultra-portable version, I'll get 2.2 and eventually when 2.5 comes out, I'll be able to download that upgrade. Okay.

I'm a little nervous about choosing the wrong version, and I assume there is no trial version of the ultra-portable permutation of Art Rage that I am overlooking? Otherwise, I wouldn't be asking these bothersome nitpicky details.

Gallery
    View images
    What's your screen resolution?

Gallery
    View images
    Mine's listed at the start of the thread above - I assume you mean the other inquirer?

It seems to me that I have adequate (borderline) resolution for standard, but the screen size is physically small, even if the resolution is crisp: Large 'strike' areas may be helpful.

My big question is still about the handling of passive digitizer elements. Details on that might push me towards towards or away from UMPC Art Rage over standard and inevitable purchase.

(PS: For the record, what sold me on Art Rage as a whole was when I was drawing and the tools skittered out of the way of the oncoming line. Brilliant. )

Gallery
    View images
    I'm using a Fujitsu Stylistic ST5112 slate for my sketching. My screen size is 12.1" and my resolution is 768x1024 or 1024x768 when in landscape. I find the original completely adequate! The palette and tools don't impede at all.

Gallery
    View images
    Try the free version of ArtRage 2.2 - downloadable from www.artrage.com
    If that works for you, then the Full version of ArtRage 2.5 would be your best choice.