Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is my first posting

Fantastic. You have a real knack for the classical. I like the dark figure as well . Nice patina. The background is a very good neutral though interesting background for sculpture display.

Funny that GZ mention a stab at Caesar, because this one looks very much like the bust of Brutus that I was looking at only yesterday.

As I recall it was a bust of Caesar, took the picture a couple of months ago at the Merle Norman museum. It's in the antiquities collection. I just thought it was interesting.

The dark one was a cast bronze with silver and gold inlaid in the eyes from the Roman period. Both were in pretty good condition despite they were probably buried in some ruin somewhere for ages.

This one I did on my dog. It still looks a lot like a photo because the line weight was small and the size out of the camera way humongous.

When I first posted this, I hadn't figured out how to resize stencils, so I exported a .psd and did it in Photohop Elements.

I must say, I've had Painter for several years now and never used it much, it was like you better have time to devote all your learning to that. And I was not able to turn out work very fast. Being able to turn out four or five paintings on a Sunday vs. one over 4 days, has a distinct advantage. Having more tools isn't always the best in a program. People who are used to thinking of workarounds, will solve the problems they encounter.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    We are in the process of becoming.

Very nice puppy portrait.

Self-Portrait

Hey, I like this program.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    We are in the process of becoming.

Wonderful stuff Sally.

An highly professional new mate! A warm welcome!! (I'm a Caesar too, but still with hair!)
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I like the Jake-a-Roo a lot. Very well painted.