ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Fractal stencils

Fractal stencils

I found a really handy program to make fractal stencils with called Fractal explorer.

http://www.eclectasy.com/Fractal-Explorer/

Edit: Uh, you might want to invert the first one.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thanks AlveKatt......
    Bumble on deviantART
    Bumble's Photos
    Friendship is the song in your heart and friends are the ones who sing it back to you when you forget the words.

Your Welcome!

But the stencils get a bit limited. In the program you can zoom indefinitely. I wish you could do that with a fractal stencil!

I guess you could make the fractal resolution like, huge, and then chooze the "Copy fractal to clipboard" option.

That's what make this program so handy for making stencils. The "Copy fractal to clipboard" option means you can make a fractal in a resolution that doesn't fit the screen, and then when you paste it into your paintprogram of choice you still get the whole fractal in the image, including the parts that didn't fit on screen.

Edit3: Or you could just do it the easy way and choose Save image within the fractal program... Supports PNG and everything. Then you can do 10000 * 10000 fractal stencil without problem. (Might take a minute or two to render though.)

And you don't have to do any postediting, because you can set the colours to black and white in the fractal program.

Edit:I tried to do a 5000 * 5000 fractal stencil. Just got the error message that I was out of memory when I chose "Copy to clipboard".

3500 * 3500 worked. The png file is too big for any webspace I have though. On closer inspection, it's just 500kb big. :shock:

Edit2: If you can't find those really lovely fractals, try checking the box that says "View as Julia" and go through the list again. Try changing the Julia values for some spectacular results.

Gah, did it the hard way again when there was a much easier solution. You don't have to copy ANYTHING to clipboard. The program has a "Save to image" function, and it even supports PNG. It even worked fine with a 7000 * 7000 resolution fractal...

Now I feel stupid again.