ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Peacock-ish Love birds :)

Peacock-ish Love birds :)

I love being able to use my "Artists' Licence" Being able to create new things without following the rules of life.

Still not sure if the way I am doing the tree bark/grain is looking right?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    jess

Soo cute!

I love what you have done with the details so far, including the bark. Can't wait to see more detail crop up!

You asked for tips about the bark, right? What you could do is make the lines in the bark taper roundly toward the upper and lower parts, to give the branch a sense of being three dimensional.

Still love it.

Edit: You can ignore this on account on artistic license. But I just realized what's wrong with the bark. You have patterned it not with a bark pattern, but with the patterns you get in a sawed up plank...

That is a very good idea! Thank you. I really am having a hard time with the smaller stems... I think your idea may work for those very well!

I will give you an update.
    jess

Your very welcome!

Look at the edit in my last post!

lol thats SO true! Now that you mention it... I think all my trees have been done that way... well I thought so, then went to pull this one up. I guess it is different?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    jess

Well I like your curlique bark.

Incorporating whimsy into the pic makes for lots of visual charm and can allow you to pump in an emotion like the score in a movie or laugh track in a TV sitcom.

It can be a second read. You see the main image first, and then suddenly you see that all the leaves are little hearts or suns and moons whatever. Would carry a completely different connotation in either case. But both would be cool.

I really like the tails on the birds. It's amusing, fancy, graphically lyrical, and makes me think of joyful play -- the sense of which could be analogous to taking your straight hair and getting a perm. They're coiffed and special, these birds, but in a light way.

Women would be likely to buy this. When you're dealing with love as a subject, and adding to it some of the vanities that women indulge in, you have great appeal for that audience.

It's all very cute. There are groups that LOVE that kind of thing.

For me, I like it because it reminds me a bit of the 1960s and a lot of the visual play from that era. And I have a real soft spot in my heart for things of my youth.

RobertSWade- Thank you very much.

DAkey- You seem to always offer invaluable advice from a really great point of view! I really appreciate the feedback.

The fact that this piece reminds you of the 60's is totally awesome! I am really in love with alot of the modern art, furniture home decor from that era .... and was really wanting to give my art that feel. I am so glad you think I have exceeded. Just really made my day!
    jess

I will keep it simple, since I am a wolf of few words: lovely style. Those birds make me smile and make me hungry. Yummy.
    "Make sure the fortune that you seek is the fortune that you need"