ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Resize the canvas - Crash bug

Resize the canvas - Crash bug

I was working on a 300 dpi drawing. Had two layers, one background and one with just some lineart on it. It was lagging so I thought I would change the canvas size to just big enough to accomodate the deer I was drawing.

When I chose resize canvas the program made a nice clean crash to desktop, with report to Microsoft and everything, which I sent. I opened the image again and tried it again. Exactly the same thing. Sent that report too.

The resolution of the painting is 5334*3216. I had one reference image open.

The brush actually stopped lagging when I closed the firefox browser. I didn't think one window could make such difference... Anyway, the reference image feature makes you not ever really need a browser window open, so that's just fine and dandy. Less distraction that way.

No need to resize now but I still tried it, out of curiosity of whether the program would crash or not. It still crashed.

Firefox is using a hell of memory and consumes from minute to minute more ...

This bug is still there after the new patch is applied.

If i choose Resize the canvas from the Edit menu the program crashes immediately. No delay like there usually is when the problem is that I'm out of memory.

Ah, just found it. Man, I hate it when I find a bug like that just after we do a patch!
    Thanks very much for that, ÄlveKatt!
    As this is a critical bug we might do another emergency release.
    We're looking into it to see if anything else is broken.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage
    Ah, just found it. Man, I hate it when I find a bug like that just after we do a patch!
    Thanks very much for that, ÄlveKatt!
    As this is a critical bug we might do another emergency release.
    We're looking into it to see if anything else is broken.
    Hi Andy alittle off topic, you know when you change a blend, should it say what blend it is in the box or will it say normal all the time? just something i've noticed when i've been doing a replace blend. it always says normal
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

When you change specifically a bump blend mode, that isn't shown in the layer window as it is additional to standard blend modes. So you could have "multiply" as well as the bump blend mode of "replace". You can still check what your bump blend mode is by right clicking on the layer, going to the lend mode and seeing what is checked under bump blend modes.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage
    Didn't I post this thread at least a couple of days before the patch was released? Yes I did. The patch announcement was posted Wed Aug 08, 2007. This thread was started Fri Aug 03, 2007.

Granted, I didn't edit the topic name from just Crash bug until after. I bet you thought I was just experimenting with 12000 * 12000 stencils again. :lol:

same crash happened to me

Was using 300dpi, 13in x 20in with reference image and tracing converted to layer (proper terminology?) to paint from,

and it crashed - with microsoft message just as previous post.

happened several times so we uninstalled 2.5 and reinstalled older version.

all good - except now I have to figure out how to do the dpi conversion again...oh that was so nice to have.

While I have you tech. people....my wish is for bigger/easier way to change the color value...the current thing is too tiny.