Thread: Point to Point.......Dot to Dot...

Gallery
    View images

Point to Point.......Dot to Dot...

Whilst rulers are excellent for marking out measuring and doing exactly correct and precise work, I believe that a simple point to point straight line tool would be far quicker and more easy to use, than a conventional ruler, Not to replace it of course, but to compliment it.....just a very simple dot to dot straight line maker,that could be clicked on or off,in the course of painting a picture, without the need of getting the rulers out, it may just be to draw a couple of lines on a railway track or something like that, where just a straight line is needed,without the need for it to be measured to a precise lenght ......and perhaps not used for all the rest of the painting....I think that most of that code is already written????? in you rulers program Andy, so it might not be toooo much to ask for, I recon it would be a great addition to compliment what you have already achieved......I'm sure members would find such a tool to be VERY handy.....Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

maybe 'shift click' as in photoshop creates a straight line with a brush...tj

Gallery
    View images
    Hello Tao...I was thinking perhaps hold the D Key down...D to Dot...Left click to mark the dot(Position on screen) left click again while still holding D key down,to mark the End point of the line,thickness of the line could be preset by using the precise pencil settings,or just use the smallest finest line as a default..just something I personally would like for doing things like ships rigging,or anything where a lot of lines are needed,and that doesnt need to be measured accurately,but can be applied swiftly and accurately,without the need to get the rulers out,I know that Andy was considering something like this at one point,but opted for the ruler as a more exact measuring tool,for graphic designers,architects,plan drawing etc. but that doesnt mean he has excluded the dot to dot idea,it might even have been him that brought it up in earlier suggestions forum...Its an idea worth thinking about anyway,as an addition to the existing methods.........Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.