ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Kitten in progress -advice welcome, and a technical question

Gallery
    View images

Kitten in progress -advice welcome, and a technical question

This will get colour and and is intended to be sent of to a professional printer. (They usually do photographs from digital cameras though.) It's a gift for my mother that's feeling very down. The image shown here isn't even near done with the details.

Before I get to the colouring stage.
    Any tips or tricks? Constructive criticism? Advice for colouring? I have very little experience with colouring, never did it when I was still using pen and paper either. The closest I got to colouring was patterning and shading with the pencil.

A technical question for the Artrage team, I called the printer to make sure about formats and DPI and such. The original image is 203 * 305 mm in 300 DPI as per their instructions. But I also need to save the final result in TIFF format with no layers and have it be 8-bit colours. I don't really know what the difference is between 8-bit and 32-bit but I am willing to wager that a program such as Artrage doesn't really cater to the lower numbers when it comes to colour. So, how many bits are the colours in Artrage and if not 8, what's the best way to convert?

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    Hey Katt, if you're willing to pay the extra money for a giclee print, I've done business with these people and they do outstanding work.

https://www.pixeloutpost.com/Default.aspx?p=start

If you want large prints on photo paper for a more reasonable price, look at this one.

http://us.posterxxl.com/cgi-bin/xxl.cgi

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks, but those are in the wrong country, and they don't seem to ship abroad.

I'm Swedish I am.

Gallery
    View images
    ArtRage always exports in 32 bit colour (or 24 bits in formats that dont support an Alpha channel)
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"