ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thai Dawn (photorealistic attempt)

Thai Dawn (photorealistic attempt)

Hi folks,

here is my latest work. I used an own photo I took during our last Thailand holidays (Koh Samui) early in the morning as reference (No tracing, though). It was an exercise for me to paint clouds, how the light shines through and the waves as realistic as possible. I think once IŽve painted a handful of these pictures IŽll be able to paint such realistic landscapes from my mind. That was my main intention when painting this picture (= exercise, practice)

I used a high resolution (2200 x 3000 pixels) for this image. If you are interested I may post some close-ups later...

I know I have mentioned it a few times already, but I really need a kind of blender brush that allows much more subtle blendings and transitions. (as in real life painting with oils and acrylics) Using the palette knife was quite a "pain in the ass" :wink: (It took me many many hours to blend all those colours and strokes) Hope to see it in Artrage 3! :wink: (This would be sooooooo cool!!! 8) )

Personally, I like this picture because I see some progress in my paintings already...

Thanks for stopping by
    Marco
    Attached Images Attached Images  

:shock: that's brilliant marco!

Lovely....and i can see some progress indeed...

Greez maror
    M.Siegrist

Artrage 2.6 & Wacom Intuos 3 A5
    XP SP2

Beautiful piece. I like it very much.

Beautiful. Dramatic light. Excellent blending. Wonderfully done.

That is perfectly done....very beautiful landscape........
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

GULP!!! Thats just stunning Marco. I suppose you've tried blending with an unloaded brush?

Really nice Marco. I can see you are using your picture making skills. Very nice work.

The way that one blends is in the brush itself. You change the settings to where there is no or little paint, as Bob suggests.

Play around with it. I haven't done it in a while so I can't say exactly what settings do what. And when I did a search for the posts that mention it, I couldn't easily find them. (I haven't had my coffee yet.)

If you can get Andy or Dave to answer this, I'm sure they could tell you exactly. But blending is definitely one of the features that has been greatly enhanced in version 2.5.

incredible painting... btw.. have you tried the palette knife under "soft" option. Its in ver 2.5. Can create rather smooth transitions

thats wonderful, i do believe i have a new desktop :lol:

Really beautiful