ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Very First Work

Very First Work

Hello Everyone! First time posting on these forums

I'm not an artist and never was before. I got a tablet pc about a year ago mainly for school work since I needed a laptop, and the fact that you can write on the screen seemed like a good idea after doing my research.

This is my very first drawing, and well critique would be appreciated

"She'll Be Home One Day"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	home_one_day_260.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	8649  

Looks great.

One word : Evolution.

Keep doing it and you will get better and better.

I would recommend looking at some photographic or live reference to get an idea how things appear.

Look at the kind of paintings that suit your taste to see how people compose and apply paint, create light and form and all that.

Take on a challenge a bit at a time and try to achieve that. Then the next and the next.

At this point, I think it is about connecting the eye through the brain to the hand. Just being aware of that connection is where you're going to get results. Awareness of the elements of the game will let you use those principles and get a handle on them.

You already show aptitude.

And go joyriding!

Welcome.

Listen to D Akey but also listen to your inner voice. You know where you want to go. Now you need to become familiar with the tools and comfortable with expressing yourself. You're already doing great with that cloud and the rocks are pretty good also. Try using less saturated colors, thinner paint, play with pressure settings ... etc and see where you go. I think you'll surprise yourself. Keep at it.

I really think you're very good on your first painting. (compare to mine). To me, Artrage really helps me to learn in an easy and motivated way. Just keep painting and have fun at the same time. Hope to see more of your works.

Thank you all for the comments! I'm definitely going to keep working on this. I used to hate drawing when I was little and still in elementary school, but I'm starting to pick up a passion for it now that I am free to express myself and not have to listen to what the teacher wants us to draw

Good for you!
    PS: Love your city!