Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Cool

Gallery
    View images

Not Cool

Warez sucks! :x

These guys need to be taken out.

-link deleted- Thanks for reporting that! We're getting those files removed now - DaveRage

Gallery
    View images
    Is that pirate?

Dang. That site looks so legit, with tutorials and all that stuff.

It also looks like one of Hanzz's caricatures. So it's a double rage.

:cry:

Gallery
    View images
    Yeah, it's all pirated software and the like. There is a lot of stuff here to which makes it all the worse. It appears they have mostly pirated e-books more then anything else, still... it's all wrong.

Gallery
    View images
    It gives us an opportunity to revel in the knowledge that we here are not spotty-faced gits with no lives and no friends...
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Andy, what's a 'git'?

I know it's derogatory. Been hearing it forever in British shows and such. But what is it exactly?

Is it anything like a 'wanker'?

I was hoping to visit the UK one day and I want to be fluent when visiting pubs and riding in lorries. I want to know what they're calling me and if it has anything to do with pimples. Haven't had one of them in years, more's the pity.
    However, I do get ingrown hairs a lot when the moon is full.

Gallery
    View images
    That is what lawyers are for... they need to be issued a cease and desist order. That's just not cool.

Gallery
    View images
    Dakey

a 'git'

is along the lines of " you idiot"

sometimes it can be said to a friend....." you silly git"

another phrase is " git head"

a "wanker".......well ........literally it means "playing with yourself",
    so unless your really angry at someone .dont say it......
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by ENCHANTER
    Dakey

a 'git'

is along the lines of " you idiot"

sometimes it can be said to a friend....." you silly git"

another phrase is " git head"

a "wanker".......well ........literally it means "playing with yourself",
    so unless your really angry at someone .dont say it......
    Thanks ENCHANTER, my good British street barrister.

I suspect then that as the party who has been wronged, that Mr. A. Rage would have choice of epithets to hurl at 20 paces.

He is showing gentlemanly restraint apparently.

The filthy spotty faced rancors!

Did I do it right?

Anyway, Andy, we're on your side.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi D akey,

Git was probably Scottish to start with, implying that one was conceived on the wrong side of the sheets. It might have been part of begetting.

If you're going to try and get some authentic street talk we would all be grateful if you could select the dialect of the area you are heading for.

I can't understand what people from 100 miles away are saying without listening very carefully. :lol:

Any cods ups and you could end up in the Hall of Infamy along with Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins and that guy who used to be my Favourite Martian when he played the ginger haired miner in Paint your Wagon.

Aim for Renee Zelwegger's English accent she does it perfectly.

Your old China,

Phil
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aged P
    Hi D akey,

Git was probably Scottish to start with, implying that one was conceived on the wrong side of the sheets. It might have been part of begetting.

If you're going to try and get some authentic street talk we would all be grateful if you could select the dialect of the area you are heading for.

I can't understand what people from 100 miles away are saying without listening very carefully. :lol:

Any cods ups and you could end up in the Hall of Infamy along with Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins and that guy who used to be my Favourite Martian when he played the ginger haired miner in Paint your Wagon.

Aim for Renee Zelwegger's English accent she does it perfectly.

Your old China,

Phil

I see, laddy. So 'git's' akin t' "You MacBastard!" A pretender to the throne, perhaps?

Everything I know about accents is from the movies. Normal British accents are common enough to hear now, but I like the really broad ones to imitate for chuckles. . . probably because of the context of some amusing movie.

I had no idea that Dick Van Dyke was waxing codly with his accent, guv. I'm shocked, actually. I thought it was Cockney from the Sweeps.

And Ray Walston was also off? I don't remember Paint Your Wagon in any detail, let alone his part. I should probably rent it for that specifically. Sounds amusing.

I really liked all the accents in My Fair Lady whether real or learned. Rex Harrison and Eliza Doolittle's father were like listening to a couple instruments in an orchestra talking. And of course Audrey Hepburn was a riot. Never even considered whether or not she was getting it right because I was enjoying it too much to question. How did she do by your ear?