ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Installing ArtRage to a Memory stick.

Gallery
    View images

Installing ArtRage to a Memory stick.

There was a possibilty that using Vista, (washes mouth out with soap :cry: ), programs like ArtRage could be made completely self contained and portable on a USB memory stick.

(The original free version of ArtRage could do this.)

Just plug the Stick into any other V**** machine and it would be up and running, complete with all it's associated files and a few paintings.

Nice for coffee breaks at work, demonstrations etc.

Will the new MSI version allow this?

Phil
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Gallery
    View images
    For the free version (when we finally release ArtRage 2.5 Free edition), yes that should work.
    But for the Full edition there is a Windows registry key which is set when ArtRage is first run. So while you can do a full install onto a USB memory stick, when you run it on a foreign machine you'd still have to enter your registration code. And of course then you've left your registration code on a foreign computer's registry, which will cause them pain and suffering when it comes time for the owner of that computer to buy a copy of ArtRage.
    Just for me - if you meet anyone who admits to pirating software: give them a good kick in the nadgers. Piracy forces us to impose limitations on the way software can be used. If it wasn't for the cursed scum who steal software we could put in so many handy-dandy features... But alas we live in a world of spotty-faced gits with no life and no friends.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Like what?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage
    So while you can do a full install onto a USB memory stick, when you run it on a foreign machine you'd still have to enter your registration code.
    Could a patch be developed *just* for registered users that makes your copy write its key to an INI or better yet, just stays registered?

Although, wouldn't that maybe break the license agreement?

Just for me - if you meet anyone who admits to pirating software: give them a good kick in the nadgers. Piracy forces us to impose limitations on the way software can be used. If it wasn't for the cursed scum who steal software we could put in so many handy-dandy features... But alas we live in a world of spotty-faced gits with no life and no friends.
    I know someone who has pirated your software and has rubbed it in my face more than once that I bought it. I told him he's a moron though, and it was well worth the $20 I paid.

Anyway... what types of features could be added if it wasn't for piracy?

Gallery
    View images
    All the features of which the time to implement is taken away by working on security features for the updater, the download pages, the registration verification, and so on.
    Also the time taken dealing with software thieves who have the audacity to contact us for support, or complain that their license key has stopped working, and so on.

Software thieves are making ArtRage more expensive, and causing it to have fewer features.
    Tell your friend that as you kick him in the nadgers, from me.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Associate, not friend.

Software thieves are making ArtRage more expensive, and causing it to have fewer features.
    Will do! But... he's not my friend. Only an old associate from "that scene."

I do wish I could give him a swift boot to the marbles though. :?

Gallery
    View images

Re: Associate, not friend.

Quote Originally Posted by FooManChu
    Will do! But... he's not my friend. Only an old associate from "that scene."

I do wish I could give him a swift boot to the marbles though. :?
    Send him to me i'll run him over in my Wheelchairs and turn around and do it again to make sure i didn't miss the first time.
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

Gallery
    View images
    Oh my! Graham is feisty today!

D.

Yep, and I'll do it!

*chuckles*

Yep, and if I ever see him again, I'm detaining him until I call cripster.

Gallery
    View images

Re: Yep, and I'll do it!

Quote Originally Posted by FooManChu
    *chuckles*

Yep, and if I ever see him again, I'm detaining him until I call cripster.
    I'll be ready with all 6 wheels on my chair.

lol lol lol
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

Gallery
    View images
    6 wheels? :shock: Pah! You need catapillar tracks to REALLY run over pirates. :twisted:

Simon