ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Undo clearing

Gallery
    View images

Undo clearing

I was wondering, as I have issues with performance on pictures on a higher resolution than my screen, would it help if you added the ability to clear the undo list manually?

Right now it seems like I have pretty much unlimited undos. Those must be hogging memory...

Gallery
    View images
    I was wondering, as I have issues with performance on pictures on a higher resolution than my screen, would it help if you added the ability to clear the undo list manually?
    No don't take the undo away leave it as is, at school i show the kids things then i undo back to a step if they ask a question. its one thig i really like
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

Gallery
    View images
    I didn't say take it away, I said add a function to clear it yourself.

Think of us poor students who can't afford heaps of ram! Add to that that I am using a laptop, even more expensive ram. And I bet that those cheapoes I bought it from put in two 512s instead of one 1024, so that I would have to buy two new 1024 if I wanted to upgraded...

Gallery
    View images
    While there's currently not a way to clear the undo stack as such, it's fairly easy to work around.
    Save your painting, then reload it. The undo stack is reset on project loading.
    Note though that in ArtRage 2 the undo stack is mostly file-based. So it shouldn't be taking up RAM. But it certainly doesn't hurt to save your work regularly, and occasionally restart ArtRage to reset any memory fragmentation and file fragmentation that may be occurring.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"