ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: artrage 3 wishes - yes I know it's a bit early... :)

artrage 3 wishes - yes I know it's a bit early... :)

Here's my list of wishes for a future Artrage (3?). I must add that Artrage 2.5 is such a great application. But it's never too early to ask for new things. right?

* New tools - watercolor, splatter tools, proper inking tools etc.
    * A varnish simulation that gives that trademark oilish glare. Probably the last thing you would apply before saving your finished painting.
    * Blending of colors ( regardless of tool) to be possible between multiple layers.
    * Non-uniform scaleable stencils.
    * Free colorwheel that isn't docked at the sides of the screen (this would be really usefull for users with a large working area ie. large wacoms/large screens and for tablet PC users where it can be difficult having precise movement of the pen near the edges of the screen).
    * Configurable keyboard shortcuts (handy for those without a english type keyboard)
    * Realworld color blending model.

uh.. that's what I could think of right now.

/Peter
    Lead Concept Artist - NDS Denmark
    Illustrator
    www.petervillumsen.com

The only reason I still need photoshop for drawing is an irritatingly trivial thing: flipping layers. I can now move, resize and rotate to my heart's content, but I can't make a person face the other way without starting from scratch or using another program.

Thanks for all the great new stuff in 2.5.

Quote Originally Posted by bitterandtwisted
    The only reason I still need photoshop for drawing is an irritatingly trivial thing: flipping layers. I can now move, resize and rotate to my heart's content, but I can't make a person face the other way without starting from scratch or using another program.

Thanks for all the great new stuff in 2.5.
    Hi,

you can already flip layers horizontally and vertically in 2.5
    Just take "Edit" -> "Transform Layer Contents" - then click on the little arrow next to the "OK" button... There is the menu for that (a bit hidden...) :wink:

Marco

Thanks! I'm sure I'll be discovering features in this little beauty for months.

I bet that is true. The features added for 2.5 is not a small list.
    Illustrator
    www.petervillumsen.com

a few more suggestions:

* minor changes to the oilbrush - I would like to be able to select between different oilbrush shapes - flat, round etc.

* be able to store my tools individual setup. Like when I'm working with the Felt pen with normal settings for doing marker sketches and then switching to a artpen setup to do inking. And then back to do more sketching... Or when im using the oilbrush with zero loading to to some blending and then have adjust the tool again to be able to put down paint. More often than not I tend to grap the knifetool while I would rather blend with the oilbrush...

* be able to store the different tools under categories of your own liking. Like: my sketch/ink tools, my oilpainting tools etc.
    Illustrator
    www.petervillumsen.com