ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Paint stroke from Expression

Gallery
    View images

Paint stroke from Expression

Any tips on how to recreate the strokes in the following image which was produced with Expression vector paint tools. - I really enjoy using the Expression vector tools - in the same way that I enjoy using ArtRage. They both have a feel about them.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    Hmmm.... try taking the airbrush, fairly large, turn tilt up to maximum, and do long strokes. If you're using a graphics tablet, have the pen tilted at right-angles to the stroke to get maximum effect of the tilt.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for the reply.

But I think the airbrush is too smooth and lacks the texture. The closest I could get was by using the oil brush with very low pressure and high thinners. This has better texture but the colour is far too solid.

P.S. Shouldn't the tilt on the airbrush change as I tilt my tablet pen?

Gallery
    View images
    If your tablet supports tilt, then yes, tilting the stylus increases the tilt of the airbrush. You can use the tilt radial in that case to increase the amount of tilt without having to tilt the pen (so you're not forced to work at strange angles to get the effect). Or if you turn the tilt radial down to zero, the tilt of the airbrush relates directly to the tilt of the stylus.

Not all tablets support tilt, however.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"