ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: zoom and move bug?

zoom and move bug?

I just upgraded to 2.5 and now I can no longer right-click and drag to move the canvas around. Before, I was able lo click on the magnifier and magnify by moving my pen on the canvas, but also to right-click & drag in order to move the canvas. This was all able to be done in or nice fluid motion. But now I have to click on the zoom tool and then click on the move tool if I want to move.

I hope this is just a bug. It makes the program much more difficult to use this way.

Are you working on a Mac, or Windows machine? Are you using a tablet, or mouse for input?

Note that there is also another short-cut for panning the canvas - you can hold down the spacebar and left-click to drag the canvas - same as in Photoshop.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Hi Andy,

I'm using a Fujitsu ST5112 Tablet PC, running Windows XP tablet edition, using a pen stylus. In the old version I would be able to hold down the forward pen button, and be able to switch automatically from zoom mode to move mode.

That spacebar move is my favorite in photoshop and I had set it up the same way in artrage. But with the new version it doesn't seem to recognize this button press on my pen as the spacebar.

If you leave the right-click as purely a right-click option, does that not work for dragging the canvas either?

Ahh, yes that works! Unfortunately that prevents it from functioning properly in photoshop as well. At least on my computer in artrage 2.5 it seems that the space bar shortcut isn't working.

We had to make a few changes to the way Ink Services worked with ArtRage, because of Vista. So some of the base TabletPC functionality might be slightly different, I'm afraid.
    I'll look into it here again and see if there is anything we can do.

I'm having a similar problem, using Vista and a Wacom Graphire 3.

I used to be able to hold spacebar and my stylus to drag the screen. I noticed I couldn't so I went to my windows settings for the tablet. The default setup is that holding down the stylus is a right click, so I figured that was the problem. I set it to not do that, and the dragging works like it did before. But now flipping my stylus around just draws instead of erasing. I set the stylus back to the drag for right click setting, and now erasing works, dragging doesn't.

I'll keep messing with the settings but thought I'd add in my situation here.