ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow Artrage 2.5 is more like a 4.0

Wow Artrage 2.5 is more like a 4.0

This is so cool.I love all the new features! I almost sliced of my finger today while preparing some dinner for me and my parents :cry: ouchie. But when I updated and saw all the new features I became so thrilled!

Hey, thanks a lot! Hope your finger heals quickly!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I went back to the site just an hour ago saying to myself... "Please be released, please..." and there was the announcement and then i was out of air. He heh.

Thank You gentlemen for all of the hard work and dedication put into this update. It looks great and i am looking forward to trying it out.

Dear Artrage developers,
    I just want to say thank you very much, too. Nice to see that the 2.5 update has been released so early! (Earlier than I expected) Looking forward to trying out all the new features. Ive already had a quick look at them and Im impressed - everything runs very smooth.

Thanks again for giving us such an update for free!

take care,
    Marco

2.5 is Out Of This World!!!!!!

Dear Ambient staff, humblest of all version-namers,

I shrieked with excitement when I saw the flagged post in the announcements section this evening, as I knew that it meant that ArtRage 2.5 was finally here.

And it's even more useful than I could have anticipated. The stencils are not only useful, but incredibly intuitive and responsive! I found myself guessing (correctly) the shortcut keys to carry out the functions. The management of the stencils is really, really slick! With the complete customizability of the stencils through .png files, I'm sure we'll be discovering new applications for these well into next year.
    The "layers" palette now matches the "quickness" of the other palettes.
    The precision pencil is what I was waiting for.
    The autoreleasing zoom shortcut is no small improvement for me.
    Being able to transform layers is perhaps cheating in the analog model, but everyone in the world wanted it, including me.
    Three kinds of palette knives!!!!
    But mostly stencils.

Hmmm, looks like a poem. Thanks so much!!
    David

After playing a little, I find the "tranform tool" very useful and handy.
    Stencils and rulers are really a bit different from usual tools (selections), I have to get used to them and discover all their possible uses... but they are absolutely amusing!
    Setting the layer opacity is now much faster and interactive.

But what strikes me more is the overall quality of this piece of software.

Thank you all very much for the praise.
    I really really do appreciate hearing that you're enjoying the new features.

Now... just think what we've got planned for Version 3...
    I mean, if a mere .5 update has so much new stuff just think what a whole number increment will have!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

I forgot to add...
    Over the next few weeks we'll be posting a few of the tricks we discovered during the beta testing. There are some very cool things you can do with stencils and rulers that aren't immediately obvious.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

ooohhhhhhhh........suprises!
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

I must say, the new version is quite excellent. The stencil/ruler/etc implementation is more flexible than I anticipated.

Wow!
    Registered