ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Precise cursor problem

Gallery
    View images

Precise cursor problem

I had been drawing for a while and wondered why it was so hard to make really small details in Artrage 2. Now I realized that you don't see what you have drawn directly under the the cursor untill you lift your pen.

This is a big problem for me, I like doing lineart with lots detail work, that makes Artrage more frustration than it's worth. It's ok as long as you just do quick doodles, but I didn't buy the program just to do quick doodles. Could you please tell me how to fix this, or fix it in the next patch if it's a bug?

Thanks!

Gallery
    View images
    ArtRage 2.5 (which is going to be release very very very very VERY soon!) has a 'Precise pencil' mode which produces a mark much closer to the cursor location.

Note also that you can zoom in to the canvas, which can give a much more accurate placement of strokes for fine detail.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Aaah. But will it be seethrough, so that you can see exactly where your line ends before you lift the pen? If the glitter tool can do it shouldn't be too hard to implement it with other brushes as well?

The thing is. If I want to draw for example the pupil of an eye that I want about three pixels wide, I sometimes can't see what I'm drawing, even zoomed in.

I'm uploading a videocapture to youtube just to make sure that you know what I mean. Can't post links yet, so I'll send it in a PM.

And while I'm at it, how do you turn off layer blending? I managed to produce a reasonable starfield with the glitter tool. But when I started drawing a spaceship in the starfield I couldn't get it to look smooth. I gather the same thing would have happened if I had gotten as far as nebulas.

Gallery
    View images
    ArtRage 2.5 also adds bump blend modes, so detail above can completely obscure the bump beneath.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    The problem with the brushes is even more pronounced in Artrage 2.5.

I wish I had noticed this before I bought it...