Thread: Artrage 2 & Wacom Volito2

Gallery
    View images

Artrage 2 & Wacom Volito2

The special Artrage 2 version I installed with my Wacom Volito2 tablet keeps closing immediately because it can't recognise the tablet is installed. Any tips?
    (Vista User, correct Tablet driver installed, I've tried ArtRage 2 downloader - it tells me I have latest version)

Gallery
    View images
    The same sad story. I've got the same problem. :cry:

Gallery
    View images
    Hi there,

You must both be using Vista. If when you start ArtRage specifically, it says that it can't find a Wacom tablet, and you're using the Wacom Edition of ArtRage ( which it appears you are ) then if the drivers are installed ok ( sounds like they are as well ), you most likely do not have the latest version of ArtRage. The reason for the error is that the way that Wacom tablets were identified changed under Windows Vista and so ArtRage needed an update.

If you browse to your ArtRage folder ( normally program files/ambient design/artrage/ and right click on "ArtRage", the application, and select properties, the version should be 2.2.10. If it is any earlier, that'll be the problem.

Just to be sure, head over to our installer download page here - www.ambientdesign.com/artrageinstaller.html and enter your details to download the latest version, and install that in place of your current version, that way at least we can be relatively certain that you have the latest.

Hope that helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    I'm a Vista user. I've got the latest Beta version installed. Microsoft service reports that I have the latest Wacom HID drivers. I tried to download the latest driver for Vista( Tablet installer 5.03-3) from the Wacom site but every time I open it I'm offered to setup it again. When I start my computer I see the messages: "there's a problem with your tablet driver. Reboot or reinstall the driver." and the next: "The tablet driver isn't found". Nothing helps!

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Andy!
    My Wacom problem still exsists. Can I be sure that I don't need another version of Artrage? I have 2.5.0.13.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Nika,

Your problem appears to be different than Duk3's and you have a different error occuring at a different place. You don't need a different version of ArtRage, you are just using the standard version, no problem there. If the error message is occuring when you start Windows as well, it would be worthwhile contacting Wacom support for help with that as it appears that you are having a problem with the Wacom driver, despite reinstall.

I've heard of this, but unfortunately am not personally familiar with the solution. However, I suspect that Wacom will know and should be able to help you solve this. Hope that helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    When is Art Rage 2.5 Wacom version coming...
    ...I know It's, probably a irritating question, but I see all these people saying how 2.5 has all new and cool tools...
    ...So I'm growing inpatient....
    God hates me 'cause I'm an atheist...
    Ex nihilo nihil fit - Therefore, I must be a nihilist.

Gallery
    View images
    We're working on the OEM versions of ArtRage at the moment. There is more work than you would imagine, and we have to coordinate with Wacom as well.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    I knew I was going to get this answer...

Oh well, at least I asked...
    God hates me 'cause I'm an atheist...
    Ex nihilo nihil fit - Therefore, I must be a nihilist.