Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Serenity - By the river.

Hazy shades.

greetings.... sharing my recent work, "Hazy shades", painted in photoshop and painter, using tablet. basically, a cloud/skyscape with very less area occupied by the vast expanse of land. alongwith a couple of refs study, i did spend some time studying actual sky (from life) too. i went for a hazy mood that has been visualized by myself and am quite content with the final result, hope u all enjoy looking at it....

thank you...good day.

regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

Very much!

It's amazing. That sky!!!!!

Those colors!!!!!!!!

I think the sepia/sienna tone gives it an idealized, romantic, nostalgic quality, as if it were a memory that has been improved through time and distance.

Incredible look.

Absolutely lovely painting!

What a splendid golden sky!

That is an amazing sky. The whole painting is wonderful. It reminds me of those antique canvases Robert has been doing. You really infused warmth
    into what would normally appear as a "cool" sky, making the overall effect one of warmth. Finely painted and brilliant work as usual.

That's sky and clousd are just gorgeous. It has the historical painting feel. Beautiful work.

Extremely beautiful done, Nasir.

d akey, rowena, nika, gzairborne, pai and TobiasRA...many thanks friends....

best wishes.
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

City environment - Concept.

hi..., sharing my recent concept for a city environment, titled: " City environment - Concept", painted the most in photoshop, with a bit in painter, using tablet.
    ive visualized the entire scene, composition, mood and color palette according for the look i wanted to achieve. Went for something futuristic,
    just a hint.

ill soon be creating a tutorial in artrage. hope i manage to finish it quickly. will share when its done....

thanks for watching. cheers.

title: City environment - Concept.
    sofware(s) - mainly photoshop, with a touch painter.

---------------

first step:
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

Really groovy images.

I especially like how you have these sort of amorphous general shapes happening in which the painting is more painting than subject.

It's as if you scattered a bunch of colored bits onto a table and began arranging them until they started to represent something.

It is somewhat analogous to Michaelangelo's unfinished slave sculptures (which I admire so much) -- where it traces the path of its creation from pure stone, through the roughing in stages to the more refined bits. Often times I admire that more than a polished finish perhaps because it shows utter faith and self-confidence that the artist will find that tipping point where it just tells enough conscious information while letting the paint have it's moment as paint.

It's like the difference between petting a fur coat vs petting an animal.

In these paintings, the animal in this still lives, yet it has been tamed.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream