Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Serenity - By the river.

Wonderful painting! I especially like this last one and think the brush work is marvelous. Would you mind telling us what you did in Painter and what you did in Photoshop? It would be most interesting to hear why and how these two programs served you so well...

Hey there, Rowena,
    I love the lighting effects you have going on throughout this small (so far, but lots more to come, I hope) selection of your works. I always struggle with landscapes, yet you make me want to try harder. I particularly like the last one of course. It appeals to my darker side - the bit without the grey hair obviously.
    Great images on every page. So glad I dropped by, and will do so more often in the future.

All the best,
    Nick
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

thanks a lot everyone.... D Akey, speggie, Rowena Nickillus.

Rowena, i kept on jumping from photoshop to painter and to photoshop again and so on. its kinda mixture. but primarily, i painted the 70 percent of this scene in painter. photoshop for simple tweaks and some details and more for color balancing stuff. but let me write here, that if i wanted i couldve painting this whole complete scene in one of the softwares mentioned. its just that i got both of them, so i mixed them both. i hope u get my point.... ive painted paintings in the past and still do, that are all done in one of these softwares. u can even see them here in this very thread.

Nickillus, thanks mate, but i am waheed.... and i do have a large selection of my work posted here. sorry, if u typed that for Rowena, just wanted to clear it as i didnt understand.... im happy that u like my work and its good to have u here. see u again.

thanks again and have a great day everyone.
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

greetings everyone.... as ive posted my work in this thread that ive made using other softwares too than Artrage, so i thought to share with u my recent stuff, its 3D this time, done in maya. below is the detail and the image:

Title: Matryoshkas.
    Software : Maya.

"Matryoshkas", a name given to wooden russian dolls, that u see in this scene. ive kept it quite simple, with emphasis on having a corner of room, softly lit, creating a particular kind of mood that i love (personal taste). ive used ready made models, except these dolls, that i made. texturing, shading and lighting are all done by myself. Rendered just in basic, default render. apart from that, all the paintings that u see here are my own digital paintings, that i keep on posting on regular basis, in the 2D section.

inspiration for this work came from my own digtial painting, called: "From Russia with love". painted in 2005, from a life model, that i have.

this 3D scene was done alongwith other projects. limited time was spent, but i loved every minute of it. i hope u all enjoy viewing it....

cheers all.

good day everyone....
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

you are really an accomplished traditional and digital artist.. seen your work in many places in the internet
    oops..erhmm have been too busy to paint... look me up on facebook "erwin soo" or "erwinsoo"

erwinsoo, many many thanks mate, for your fine compliment. glad to have u here....

its always a pleasure sharing my work here with so many good artist, including you. everyone is doing great job in his/her own style.

thanks again and have a lovely day my friend.
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

Hi there waheednasir, congratulations on your work in this gallery. It's the first time I've looked in and your paintings 'knocked me out' my friend. Love your style.

Dear Waheednasir, So this is where you've been? No wonder i thought you and Tinzo were missing! for some reason i never think to look in here but will now! so glad i found you again!

ahh waheed its so entrancing i think i could stare for and hour and still find new details i had not seen before the light is fantastic especially as it hits the easel and the heads of the Matryoshkas.

Selby
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

looks like a classic flemish painting............i see you hung up your painting in the scene...

wonderful as always
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown