Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Serenity - By the river.

thanks d akey.... i know what u mean about the darkness, i totally agree. yes its dark, but thats how the concept it. sorry about that. im planning to make an animated short and have plans to take this further ahead. but lets see, i might add more light later on.... i appreciate your presence and kind comments. im posting another version, which is not as much dark, i hope u like it and see every detail....

many thanks cym...good to see u. thanks for admiring it....

sorry, i think im here after a long gap.

okay, here is the recent one. painted in photoshop and painter - tablet.

Title: Those gloomy hours.

a concept/fantansy scene, titled: "Those gloomy hours", a land/waterscape with a gloomy, eeri mood. it can be considered to be another version of my previously painted work, named, "An eeri spot at midnight".

painted in photoshop and painter, using tablet, on a scanned pencil sketch that i did on paper first.

my biggest concern here was to have a certain mood thruout the expanse.

thank you for your visit, i hope u enjoy looking at it....

regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

Awesome

Wonderful. I like trying to peer through the gloom for all the great details.
    Art is like an ill-trained Labrador retriever that drags you out into traffic. (Annie Dillard)

thank u very much nika and cym.....

cheers.
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

That's very exciting! An animation. I want very much to see that one.

Wonderful design to the hillside home thing. Has a bit of a witch, Nightmare Before Christmas feeling.

Don't know what kind of characters you are going to be using, if any, but I would recommend that you color your characters and put them on a layer to see how they work over this background.

Technical development suggestion:

In your animated short, are you going to use characters? You may never use this painting as more than an establishing shot, with no characters, but I think you will see that when you put a character over a subtle background, that your background may suddenly disappear. So that relationship between characters and background is the one that matters.

I would recommend doing some tests on some of the more important locations with all your elements together before you commit yourself to a look. Were you spend a long time painting all your backgrounds and then find that the color and value doesn't work, you would be very frustrated.

Unless you are going to construct it in 3D in which case you can adjust the lighting anytime.

Good luck with it and have fun. I love the feel so far and I know with what you're capable of, your artistic sensibilities and boundless energy will serve you very well indeed.

Go Waheed!!!!!!!!!

i did'nt realise you were putting extra work in here......i would have missed it......i was just looking at this post again and noticed the amazing enviroments with character of their own.the crooked house is
    wow.......i would like to see some sort of film /animation involving that.......reminds like a dark version of the grinch /cat in the hat
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

d akey, thank u very much mate, for your visit and for taking the time to give your valuable suggestions. i totally agree with all the points. valid points that must be kept thruout the process.

im going to do it in 3D, as that is what we do. but im waiting for enough time to work on it, once the pre-production phase gets handled, i guess i wont be needing a lot of time to finish it. ill keep you updated with the progress my friend...thank you.....

enchanter...thanks a lot, its always to see you around mate, glad to see you interest too....

ive to appologize for this delay in answering, im sorry for that.

cheers....
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

Remains.

as ive been sharing my works here in this particular thread, that i do in other softwares as well, i would like to share my recent painting with all of you. hope u all like it....

Title: Remains.
    Software(s): Photoshop and Painter (tablet used).

Description:
    hello there.... recenty painted, "Remains", in photoshop and painter. to have a place with ruins, with a sad mood and air, was my primary concern. for my initial sketches, refs were consulted before painting this from scratch. its a self-visualized/composed work. painted using tablet.

i did enjoy painted this whole ambience that defines what i had in my mind. hope u like it.

thanks again to the Staff here, for allowing me to show my paintings done in other softwares too.

thank u all for viewing.

cheers.

regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

Couldn't be better. I like the grimness, like a dead warrior forgotten on the plains, swept by the elements, the armor and helmet keep their form around the decomposed body. No longer enough for even the worms. Lifeless. Stoney. Purposeless.

It's great. I like being able to see it too, because it's not too dark.

Really well done, Waheed.

fantastic painting .............i agree about the atmosphere..............doom and gloom and a feeling of stillness .............love it matey ..................