Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Serenity - By the river.

amazing picture.......

thank u very much pretty genius....

here st the updated version, took care of the branches at extreme left.
    gzairborne, due to lack of free time, i could only do this much. okay for me....

cheers.
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

Hi Waheed,

I really like it as an alternate style for you. Your picture making is consistently strong. So then it comes down to the technique.

What do you think of the technique? Did it satisfy you?

For me, I get an entirely different voice from this painting compared to your broader paint stroke style paintings.

Those broad stroke paintings come across as in a commanding, straight to the heart of making the image come to life -- a masculine voice. It's swashy (like certain fonts are swashy). The style is probably not copyable by every artist. It requires a specific skill. It speaks in a masterly voice because if a mark is wrong, for the most part it would stand apart and could diminish the image. More acrobatic, I suppose. Like a performance like snapping a cigarette out of someone's mouth with a whip. Closer to the edge. It could be easier to blow it, but when it works it's exciting.

This style is more feminine, as if telling a story to a child. The marks are softer and safer, more 'socially' supported (reliant on the whole tonal balance rather than any one stroke) -- where tones are built up. No less masterly but the technique has less panache, Each individual mark is less crucial. If one is out of place the picture is not going to suffer, and will be easy to fix. Since I also see marks reminding me of needle point or colored thread, I'm not expecting that every thread be in place because I have seen fabric in varying states of perfection. One or two being off would merely add to the hand done quality.

And the stipple quality of this one draws attention to itself a little and it's slightly more challenging to achieve extreme depth of field because of the spots. Should they get smaller as they recede or not? Or is it simply like a screen overlaying the image? I don't know. Nonetheless, I'm still seeing depth because of the color and value as you have used them here. Cool. Another choice for you to select for certain themes perhaps?

I can see this pic as good for optimistic imagery like certain children's books, parable type images, and idyllic scenes.

They are completely different styles. I like this one. Still I'm a big fan of your older style probably because it is harder to do. This style would be fairly easy to imitate.

Great work in all cases.

many many thanks d akey for spending time on this and your wonderful analysis. i like how u observe every effort and thanks a lot for admiring what i share....

What do you think of the technique? Did it satisfy you?

sure, it did.... i enjoyed the whole process, its just that the dots at some places are too clear, but even that okay for me. about broader painterly strokes, yes i like that too, perhaps because of always loving oils, done in an expressive way.

Still I'm a big fan of your older style probably because it is harder to do.

i agree and thank u....

u are very right about 2 different styles, this one is more towards a softer side, the other being more strong, straight and masculine. im really happy that u like both of them and described them in a very interesting way. very rightly.

i applogize for replying quite late. i just get stuck with work suddenly, which doesnt leave me easily. hope u understand.

have a lovely day mate. thank u.
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

AMAZING WORK!

The conscious utterance of thought, by speech or action, to any end, is Art.

MYblog
    MyDeviantArtProfile

A superlative work! Which tools did You use exactly? Looks like You used pencils intensively due to such a decise graphic strenght.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Beautiful Waheed......
    Bumble on deviantART
    Bumble's Photos
    Friendship is the song in your heart and friends are the ones who sing it back to you when you forget the words.

It is gorgeous. Love the whole scene. Well done my friend.

thank u so very much....

shirly, Caesar, Bumble and gzairborne...your kind comments are much appreciated. always.

Ceasar, its a mixture of crayon and chalk, varying pressure with tablet/hand. i didnt use pencil.

thanks a lot everyone.... cheers all.
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

i would like to share couple of my paintings that painted in other softwares, photoshop and painter, using tablet. i thank all of u who appreciate my spontaneous, casual, brushwork, so those comments encouraged me to share these, i hope D Akey see these, cause i really like his words explaining the style very well, as "masculine voice".

i thank AndyRage and all the Staff, for allowing me to share these.

Title: Glory.

i painted this for a project (pre-production phase), defining keys/palette (colors and mood) and the over all look.

personaly, i love this style of architecture. i painted using tablet, in photoshop and painter. few of my own custom made brushes were used as well. ref. (only the construction) used for a very rough initial sketch that i did few days ago, before painting this.

for a realistic and detailed look (in totality), kindly view it from a good distance, it has been deliberately painted in that fashion.

next

title: The fall.

a concept for a landscape, with ruins and distruction. its a self-visualised/composed work, painted in painter and photoshop. my biggest concern was to achieve that particular mood, defining the downfall, distruction and disaster and the palette, which is fairly dark, used according to the requirement (atmosphere).
    i painted this using tablet.

best to all.
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com