Thread: Outstanding application

Gallery
    View images

Outstanding application

PRAISE: I have been fooling around with graphic applications for a while now including the all time favorite FLASH 8 and photoshopCS3...But I must say your painting software is by far superior when it comes to basic drawing and painting compositions. Easy to understand no hidden functions where you have to be physic to know what does what...and affordable.

LIMITATIONS: Only thing's missing is the ability to have basic shapes like circles squares and straight lines and a cropping tool. These are necessary items to have to draw and paint things like buildings signs greeting cards etc without having to resort to 3rd party apps . Also a text editor would be a nice feature all basic stuff. Once you have that ability the sky will be the limit.

FUTURE: I see a software utility that will have many commercial as well as personal benefits. Art rage is just that "art" in its purist graphical form. Unlike Photoshop which is mainly photo enhancing software slash graphic creating application that is also highly complex and most of the time cumbersome. I think its more creative to just make your graphic rather than use onboard filters and blending modes you have more control of what you want to achieve. This is what Microsoft paint should have been for the money they charge.
    I see art rage becoming a formidable opponent in the graphic design community. Just think, you can actually paint an album cover for any bands CDROM box cover or any kind of covers or illustrations for business applications with basic talent and not cookie cutter graphic shortcuts.
    The world does not revolve around Photoshop anymore thank god To expensive.
    Of course once this program progresses and morphs into bigger and better things im sure pricing will reflect, a company has to be able to expand upon its features and it costs money to hire programmers. Art rage could always offer the basic painting program for one price and a big beefy commercial package for another price "hope not"...But im sure it will never exceed the $1000+ of other software giants whose egos and greed know no bounds.

Re: Outstanding application

Quote Originally Posted by akita96th

LIMITATIONS: Only thing's missing is the ability to have basic shapes like circles squares and straight lines and a cropping tool. These are necessary items to have to draw and paint things like buildings signs greeting cards etc without having to resort to 3rd party apps . Also a text editor would be a nice feature all basic stuff. Once you have that ability the sky will be the limit.
    http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...pic.php?t=7310

I don't know about text, but lines and shapes are among the new features in the soon-to-be-released Artrage 2.5.

Gallery
    View images
    I dom't suppose ArtRage needs lots of image editing things because you can get those from Paint.net if you want them (I absolutely HATE IT because it's not a real PAINT program, and I'm not interested in image editing. I also HATE the GIMP, but I suppose that too would be a good free way of getting un-art things for image editing.)

But I am looking forward to lines and circles, because I draw with a mouse and those will make it easier, and whatever other surprises AR 2.5 will have. I am so excited I can't wait. :mrgreen: I mean, I can wait, of course, but it's just a way of speaking.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for that, akita96th
    ArtRage 2.5 will indeed address a few of the current limitations of ArtRage. But we want to do it in a way that is 'ArtRage', and not Other Digital Painting applications. The goal with ArtRage is to always try to keep the artist who is using it in his creative mindset.
    In other applications when you want to do something, you typically have to break into a technical mindset, which can really interrupt your creative process. In ArtRage we try to make everything straightforward to use, and non-intrusive. We feel the actual software should take a definite back-seat to your work - it's your ART that is important.

Anyway, glad you're enjoying using it. We love ArtRage here - love working on it, love what our users produce with it, and love getting feedback like that!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images

To Little_artist :I also agree about it not being another image editor..but you also have to be able to edit the image your working on in artrage...and you can import/export images into artrage so the editing tools will be inevitable sooner or later..hopefully sooner lol no reason why both cant co exist without taking away from the main features it would be hidden until you actually needed it anyway ..I also use only my mouse and to tell ya truth I kinda like it...

Also to Andy Rage Thanks for commenting on my post sir.
    With or without the new additions im still a bona fide artrage addict.

Keep up the excellence